Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 13, 2013
1:09:31 PM
Samsung Note II - Alarm Briefing issue

Have had a Note II for several months.  Just recently, the Briefing alarm setting has stopped working.  The alarm beeps but there is no verbal reading of the news, weather, etc.  The settings are  Alarm type - Briefing, Briefing content has check marks by Weather, Today's Schedule, and News.  Location alarm is set to off, Snooze is set to off, and Smart alarm is set to off.  The alarm is named Get up. 

Before it stopped working, you would hear Get up, followed by the weather, news, and any meeting scheduled for the day.  Now, nothing verbal.  And the volume is as high as it will go.

Suggestions?

Have had a Note II for several months.  Just recently, the Briefing alarm setting has stopped working.  The alarm beeps but there is no verbal reading of the news, weather, etc.  The settings are  Alarm type - Briefing, Briefing content has check marks by Weather, Today's Schedule, and News.  Location alarm is set to off, Snooze is set to off, and Smart alarm is set to off.  The alarm is named Get up. 

Before it stopped working, you would hear Get up, followed by the weather, news, and any meeting scheduled for the day.  Now, nothing verbal.  And the volume is as high as it will go.

Suggestions?

Samsung Note II - Alarm Briefing issue

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 10:41:27 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, RickKimbrell!

Thanks for posting. I just replicated the settings you listed on my own Note II, and my Briefing Alarm went off just fine.

Have you tried restarting the phone? Do you have any software updates pending or available? After checking that, if you're still having issues, feel free to send us a private message by clicking here so we can get you in touch with a tech support expert.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! And definitely reply back to this thread if updating your software or restarting your device fixes the problem.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, RickKimbrell!

Thanks for posting. I just replicated the settings you listed on my own Note II, and my Briefing Alarm went off just fine.

Have you tried restarting the phone? Do you have any software updates pending or available? After checking that, if you're still having issues, feel free to send us a private message by clicking here so we can get you in touch with a tech support expert.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! And definitely reply back to this thread if updating your software or restarting your device fixes the problem.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Samsung Note II - Alarm Briefing issue

2 of 2 (5,406 Views)