The Samsung Galaxy S24
topsykrett's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 3:58 AM

Samsung Note 3 not shipping with earbuds?

Wow, I haven't purchased this device yet but from those who have received it.. it looks like there are no earbuds.  The packaging directly from Samsung certainly has them.  I can't believe At&t removed a standard manufacturer accessory from a device this large and expensive.  The S4 does ship with them from At&t.  I'm utterly disappointed. Am I supposed to fork over more money? 

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

10 years ago

I can confirm that it does not have earbuds. I agree...kind of lame.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It is especially disappointing as the earbuds are rather good. Got mine with my Tmobile Note 3 and I actually like using them. The audio quality on their older design buds were so bad I'd throw them away. What a cheap move. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Att have become cheap now. They want to sell their own accessories.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Yeah, I just got my Samsung Note 3 today. I'm very disappointed after see the box and opened it. AT&T removed the earbuds and the box packaging isn't the same as Samsung, looking so cheap. ;(

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Does AT&T even bother to read these forums? It is amazing how many people have complaints about AT&T on here. I have an AT&T Note 3 and it didn't come with ear buds in the box and if other carriers, as suggested above came with them then AT&T should be ashamed. I would think if they would read their forums here they would see that a lot of their customers are very unhappy not just about this but many other issues as well. Unreal!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@dbdreams wrote:

Does AT&T even bother to read these forums? It is amazing how many people have complaints about AT&T on here. I have an AT&T Note 3 and it didn't come with ear buds in the box and if other carriers, as suggested above came with them then AT&T should be ashamed. I would think if they would read their forums here they would see that a lot of their customers are very unhappy not just about this but many other issues as well. Unreal!

Packed in earbuds are usually cheap junk.  Do you honestly need a new pair of chintzy buds every time you buy a new phone?  If you want a decent headset, just buy one.  

AT&T has been taking them out of their phones for years now, as well as other packed in accessories, such as cases on some past devices.  Cheap?  Yes.   A big surprise?  No.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, no earbuds. The Samsung earbuds are not "cheap junk". They're actually really good and should have been included in the box. So, no earbuds or a functioning gps. Thanks at&t!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, no earbuds. The Samsung earbuds are not "cheap junk". They're actually really good and should have been included in the box. The S3 and S4 both came with earbuds, so they haven't been "taking them out for years". So, no earbuds or a functioning gps. Thanks at&t!

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@rsrieter wrote:
The S3 and S4 both came with earbuds, so they haven't been "taking them out for years".

I stated "SOME past devices", not all.
Yes, they have been taking out SOME accessories for years.  The One X, LG G2, and Note 2 (just to name a few) all were missing headphones present on other carrier versions.  There were also some older HTC devices that included cases on other carrier versions, but not AT&T.
As far as the quality of the buds, what might be fine for some, will be considered inferior by others.  All the more reason to not have them packed in, and just buy what you want.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I've noticed this also.  If purchase the phone at an AT&T store or the premier site, it comes in a cheap box and no earbuds.  However, if you purchase the phone from a 3rd party vendor, like Best Buy, or even Wal Mart, the phone comes in the nice box with earbuds.

Sorry, whoever said they are cheap earbuds, but I think they are decent, and they have the in-line push to talk microphone.  My Samsung Galaxy S4 Active that I just received this month also didn't have the earbuds, so I'm using the earbuds that I got with my old Samsung Infuse that I bought from a 3rd party vendor.

They should change this practice, because it really does make AT&T look like cheapskates.  When you can buy the phone from a 3rd party vendor, and it comes in a better box and earbuds, yet you order directly from AT&T or buy from an AT&T store and it doesn't come with these things, it really doesn't look good, and reflects on AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.