The Samsung Galaxy S24
clath's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, November 15th, 2013 9:18 PM

Samsung Knox and AT&T's failure to deliver

The Galaxy S4 is supposed to come with Samsung Knox, a security suite that helps to keep your device safe.  Every single carrier, minus AT&T, has a very simply way to enable this.  However, on AT&T, it is near impossible to enable.  This feature alone would be why large corporations would choose an iPhone over a Galaxy S4.  If AT&T isn't going to release this feature, they are essentially forcing their biggest customers to purchase iPhones.  [Edited to comply with Guidelines].

AT&T, how do you enable Samsung Knox?

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

When connecting and d/c from wifi you get alert that an application has been force closed, and that uf you have any applications installed from unknown locations to delete them. This notification is coming from Knox....

Anyone else getting this?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I updated to Android 4.3 today and while I see Knox related applications running in the background, There is no actual KNOX support like the other carriers got.

Is there a way to download the Knox suite for AT&T versions of Galaxy S4? 

If not then why is it not part of the update? Is AT&T planning to release another software update.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

I did the upgrade to 4.3 and Knox is there for me.

Steps to get there:

1. Settings

2....More (tab on top)

3. Application manager

4. Swipe the pages to the left until you see ALL near the top

5. Scoll Down to Knox

That's how I got to it.  

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I think there is supposed to be an actual application we can run to separate our email from like a corporate email.

Allows you to setup a profile per say

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Right.  It should be in the applications dock.  However, it is only in the Application Manager, where we can't actually use the app.  AT&T essentially disabled Knox, not permitting you to use it.  If you try and call, they forward you to Samsung, only for Samsung to refer you back to AT&T.  Ridiculous!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

That is true...There should be a way in which we can protest to AT&T.

Knox was the only really good update in 4.3 and they have disabled that too. This is unacceptable.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Yeah.  I also discovered that they also disabled the Galaxy Gear Manager (only visable in application manager), thus limiting the choice that consumers have when they go to purchase a smartphone.  Because of this, I am seriously considering contacting the FCC regarding this.  It is completely unacceptable, especially since I upgraded to the Galaxy S4 to get the Samsung Knox software - and AT&T won't permit me to change devices.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I totally agree with you. Let me know if you know about any forums where one can put in a complaint against AT&T

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

If you go to settings, security, device administration, you will see the icon to activate knox.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

That doesn't actually enable Knox.  It just gives permissions to the disabled feature.  Knox is much more than just a Device Admistrator.  It also includes an app, an app store, and other enterprise features.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.