The Samsung Galaxy S24
hroberts's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 7th, 2012 12:25 AM

Samsung Kies will not update Galaxy S 3, ATT refuses to help or provide answers

Someone at ATT better give me a really good explaination (and an update) or they just lost 2 long time customers.

FINALLY, the Samsung Galaxy S 3 Jelly Bean update came out. I had waited so long. 

Long story short, Kies is unable to update mine or my wife's phone. Tried 3 different computers, no luck. Call ATT tech support, they cant help. They send me to samsung, samsung can't help, tells me to go to an ATT tech support center and gives me and an address and number. I call the number, they verify the address and say theycan help. I go there, they then claim they arn't a tech support center and I must go to a different support center 20 miles away. Fine. I call and they tell me they can help get the update on my phone, just bring it in. I get there and they tell me (after playing with my phone for about an hour) that they have not yet recieved the tools to update the phones, I'm outta luck. Thanks ATT for a horribly mismanaged update release. People put out Andoid OS updates in their spare time better than you guys do.

(The problem I am having with my phone on Kies is it will not progress pass 0% after the phone goes into downloading mode. No matter how long I wait, it will not progress.) 

So, ATT seems to be no help. Anyone else out there have any suggestions?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

UPDATE: I have been told by ATT that not being able to get the 4.1.1 update is not a warranty issue. Now stuck with this phone with no future updates. Thank you ATT, 'preciate it.

If you happen to be reading this and don't have ATT service, go else where. You've been warned.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem...i was stuck @ 30 percent. I noticed i had an update on my java. So i updated that first. Plus i downloaded jb with dont save mode.And next thing i know it i was done downloading jellybean

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I also just read that java and drivers must be updated

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

11 years ago

Kies wouldn't even offer me the upgrade.  I spent > 3 hours "chatting" with the useless Samsung support department.  They ran me through a bunch of useless steps: rebooting the phone, turning debugging on, changing cables, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, Kies, etc.  I ended up worse off than I was before: now I can't even get Kies to connect to my phone.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I tried updating my java. it didn't change anything. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

just what they told me.. Mine was stuck at 0% for hours and the phone unable to be used as it says do not unplug it because it is downloading onto the phone.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

11 years ago

How do you think us with Skyrocket S II feel??  No update for us with older phone first.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Similar issues for me, except that I have never even been able to get Kies to recognize the current firmware on my phone.  It eventually recognizes it as an SGH-I747....but then just contines to spin with the little "Connecting" icon.  I have tried it on 4 Windows XP systems, 2 Windows 7 systems, and a Macbook Pro.  I have tried uninstalling, re-installing drivers and Kies....tried both my original S3 usb cable and my original Samsung Captivate cable, ubdated java, turned off firewalls, chatted with samsung support, spoke with ATT support.......blah, blah, blah.   I now have several hours invested in this simple update project and I am about done.  One of the main reasons I went with the S3 was the promise of Jelly Bean...and now it looks like they are going to force me to root my phone in order to get it.  Thanks for letting me vent ATT...you are so understanding.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I had the same problem, it downloads the update and then just gets stuck... good to know m not the only one...

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Spoiler

Ok folks...I'm glad I'm not the only customer having this problem.  After spending (3) hrs. on the phone with AT&T & Samsung Tech Support and they're "passing the buck" against eachother....I went to Samsung's Facebook and posted this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung:  I'm having much problems with the newest update for my Samsung Galaxy Note cell phone. Your Samsung Kies is

[Inappropriate content removed]

garbage!  I'm experiencing all kinds of "freezing" and blank "white box" when I go through the firmware and regular software upgrades.

After being "bounced" back and forth from AT&T to you (Samsung) Text Support....I also found something (on the website) that doesn't make me happy:  http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Kies-will-not-update-Galaxy-S-3-ATT-refuses-to-help-or/td-p/3374899

Upon reviewing the many problems it seems the Samsung Kies software is GARBAGE. Maybe we Customers need to contact the FCC, FTC and BBB and you pay your customers $500 for this F-up. Of the "technology" today, Samsung still hasn't figured out that sending customers "direct" emails for individual upgrades to their phone by USB cable than trying to do this "through the website" is easier? What about using the Samsung Application "ON THE PHONE" for the download upgrade?

I'm not interested in "passing the buck" [Edited to comply with Guidelines] Will this get your attention? OR...is Samsung going to bail on the Kies application software and have features that customers can do this (directly) through your website or cell phone? Who fell asleep in the "Tech Dept" when this Kies idea went through? Whoever came up with the Kies Software should be (justly) fired.

I want an answer to this

[Inappropriate content removed]

Kies Software...and I want my upgrades to my phone today!
I look forward to your knowledgeable support that will PROVIDE Support and resolution on this matter.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(How fast do you think Samsung & AT&T will resolve this "problem"?  IF they can't, for each day I don't get resolution, I'm going to "Invoice" Samsung & AT&T $5o per day until they "find" a solution or "fix" this problem.)   All in Favor? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.