The Samsung Galaxy S24
nikoakni's profile

Explorer

• 

34 Messages

Wednesday, December 26th, 2012 4:15 AM

Samsung Infuse failing, multiple issues with AT&T in the past

Hello.  I am a current customer with AT&T.  I am about to switch companies because of several reasons.  1st is I have multiple lines of service with AT&T but each time I call or try to go online each person I talk to is in the wrong department and while I can see the benefit of specialized training it is very frustrating for the customer to keep getting told to call back to another number.  For example I lost internet and called in to see if it was an outage or if my service was down and was told that the internet department had to be contact via chat feature on the computer and was promptly hung up on.  Calling back twice received the same treatment finally the 4th call I was told that there was an outage and was told that any rep should have been able to tell me that.  2nd is since I switch from another carrier I have been through 3 or 4 phones in less then 3 years.  Trying to get any help with poor hardware is equally as frustrating as trying to get an answer over the phone.  I went into a store with a broken phone in warrantee but since that was not an authorized repair store they put me on the phone with another department that would then have to send me to another store to see if the phone qualified for repair but would not contact that store to update them on the situation.  So after wasting more gas and time going to the authorized store and starting over I then had to call, from this store, to the AT&T company (don't know AGAIN why one department cannot talk to another) and go through the story one more time.   I have a current ETF of about 175 and am thinking this is going to be worth it to swtich a company that can actually communicate with the employees in other departments.   

This is a seperate time from when the phone switched from Verizon to AT&T on a Friday.  Then I ordered phones and was told that my plan would switch when I recieved the phone and activated them.   Mind you, I had a vital work function the next day and specifically stated that I could not be without my phone and I could call back on Monday if there was even a chance of losing phone service.   Foward 5 minutes later and my phone did not work.   I called back to AT&T and was told that OOPS these things happen and there was nothing they could do about it until my new phone arrived.   After talking with a manager I was advised to purchase a go phone, activate it and then they could transfer my number to it.  I verified that I was to purchase and activate the go phone and was assured to ACTIVATE it before calling back.  So I purchased a go phone, activated the phone called back and then was informed that they could not transfer my number to an actvated phone.  I offered to go purchase another phone because it was vital that I have a phone for Saturday.  They told me they closed in 5 minutes and I would have to wait until Monday to transfer the number to the go phone.   I should have known then the type of service I would get.

Now my Samsung Infuse is failing in some major ways.  Shuts off when it wants, freezes and forces me to restart it to get it back working, refusing to hang up calls or answer them, will randomly open apps that I did not select and finally about a week ago when restarting the phone I entered into a boot screen that would not do anything until I selected an option.  Of course I am locked into a two year contract with a broken phone and a company that refuses to try to assist any customer.   

My question to you is: what reason could you possibly give to customers like me to intice us to stay with your company?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time. I've moved your post into our Android board as it's the most current issue. 

We'd like to Address with both the issues you're having with the Infuse and the other issues you've had in the past. I know you're frustrated but I hope my team and I can turn this around. 

Will you please  send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? They will contact you directly and work with you.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

Complaining about how bad AT&T is will do nothing. As long as they continue to make billions in profit they could honestly care less how satisfied you are. Those surveys and friendly tones the reps have in their voice is lip service. If you hate AT&T and want to change customer service standards then simply leave. Buy out of your contract and find another carrier. Enough people leave AT&T will get the message loud and clear. Or do you really think the moderators on here are "so sorry you're having trouble with AT&T".

Explorer

• 

34 Messages

11 years ago

You are so right. Went through whole explanation and even gave some options that would keep me with them. Their response was we can look at helping you but we can't do anything you have requested so give me contact info to call you, I am in my office monday through friday. So I give my nunber and say contact me the next day (Tuesday) BUT she was off for the next few days so she could call me at the end of the week. So basically AT&T said we won't do anything you want and your not important enough to call back on your schedule.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.