The Samsung Galaxy S24
denet's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 5:28 AM

Samsung Infuse 4G charging and USB to computer USB connection problem

Hello everyone,

I am having the following problems with my Samsung Infuse 4G Android phone after about 1 year of so:

1.  I can only charge the phone by connecting to a computer USB port.

2.  It will not charge with OEM Samsung wall charger and car charger.

3. When I connect Infuse to a computer USB port, it says USB device not recognized.

4. I hard reset the phone, it still does the same thing.

5. I did root my phone a year ago and worked perfectly until today but I HARD RESET IT to factory

6. I purchase additional OEM Samsung wall charger, car charger ,new battery and micro USB cable. Same thing. It will only charge through a computer USB port.

I am guessing it could be the physical port of the infuse. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thank you,

Paul

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

Does it not charge with the official charger, or does it simply behave like it's on USB?

All of your issues sound like either the USB D+ or D- line are failed - without a doubt it sounds like hardware failure to me.

It's odd that a PC USB port does work but a wall charger won't...  weird...  If D+ or D- are failed, they should now behave identically.

Edit:  There's a slight chance that if some dirt or other crud is causing the phone to detect voltage on the ID pin, it might be going into dock or MHL modes, and then those modes do weird things depending on whether D+ and D- are shorted together (wall chargers do this to signal that a dumb charger is present) or to PC USB.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung Infuse 4g.  My phone will not charge using the usb and wall adapter, but only from my computer.  Just bought a car charger hoping it would work,but it doesn't.  Is this a common problem with this phone I wonder?  I have had mine for exactly one year and it stopped charging from the wall charger at least 6 months ago. Very inconvenient.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.