The Samsung Galaxy S24
plrgolf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, September 30th, 2011 6:48 PM

Samsung Infuse 4G charge

Samsung Infuse 4G loses charge quickly and completely.  When plugged into AC, it shows no charging indicator and cannot be powered up for hours.  Is this the way it should work?  Doesn't it work off the AC when plugged in?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

There is something not right.  Is the connection where you plug into the micro USB tight?  Sometimes you could have a bad charge cord that may not be making a good connection or you may have a faulty charge cord.  Have you tried other A/C outlets in your house to ensure they are working?  The phone should work while plugged into the A/C.  If you have tried all the above my suggestion is take the phone back.  Something could be wrong with the phone itself.

Sorry I can not be of more assistance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the helpful feedback... I went to the Device Repair center and they replaced my (defective!) battery, and it's working perfectly.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks for your response!  Yes, I've tried the things you suggested without success... I'm bringing the phone back.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

12 years ago

I noticed the same charging issues with the Infuse shortly after I purchased it 2 weeks ago.  The first night I had it, it complete lost its charge.  In the morning, I plugged it into an AC outlet and it showed the charging Icon.  Must of took an hour of charging to turn it back on.  Plus, it would not charge when the phone was in use.   I returned it back to the AT&T store today, 1 day before the launch of the Sammy GS2.  I hope the latest and greatest doesn't perform the same way the Infuse did.   

Guru

• 

725 Messages

12 years ago

Your hardware was defective.  The Infuse does charge slowly and has some minor design flaws in its charging circuitry, but nothing major.  The problems you describe are a severe flaw that is NOT typical of the Infuse.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

Yeah, with fairly moderate use if my Infuse with active wallpaper on I can get almost a day and a half out of it

Standard wallpaper and I'm just over 2-2.5 days.

I say it takes my phone 3-4 hours to charge from almost 5% charge.

Hopefully that'll get a baseline to go with.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

Sweet! That's good to hear. And good it was only the battery instead of the unit.

Happy Infusing!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Another too to extend battery life is to leave GPS turned off until needed.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry,should read another TIP!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.