The Samsung Galaxy S24
rogerdhoward's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 12:31 AM

Samsung Infuse 4G Email accounts

Is there supposed to be a way to delete an email account?  I have the new Android 2.2, and I have set up multiple email addresses for the EMAIL icon INBOX.  I would like to remove some, but when I go to the ACCOUNTS selection, they are listed with no visible means to delete any of them.  What am I missing here?  If I select one, I get switched to the email list.  If I select MORE, all I get are the account settings.  Is there no way to delete an email account?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Finally found the answer buried in the Android user guide, not the Samsung Infuse manual.  Seems as if you press on the account, and hold it, a menu pops up.  On that menu is the option to REMOVE ACCOUNT. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thank you...I searched all over, then found this posting.  So informative that I've joined the group.  Thanks again!

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

Even-though you said 2.2, did you mean updating to 2.3 Gingerbread?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

The original post is over 6 months old.  Gingerbread was in development at the time, and just a rumor for the Infuse.  My Infuse came with 2.2 preloaded.  So, no, I didn't mean 2.3.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

Ahh my fault. Didn't even notice that!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

No problem.  Actually, I'll be glad to see Gingerbread, I think.  I'm having wome weird issues with my phone now.  Not sure whether it's the apps (I don't run many) or the os, but I'm seeing the phone get hung up more ane more often.  Having to turn it off and back on to clear the lockouts.  That's getting pretty tedious!!!

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

@rogerdhoward wrote:

No problem.  Actually, I'll be glad to see Gingerbread, I think.  I'm having wome weird issues with my phone now.  Not sure whether it's the apps (I don't run many) or the os, but I'm seeing the phone get hung up more ane more often.  Having to turn it off and back on to clear the lockouts.  That's getting pretty tedious!!!

Did you get your update thru Kies Mini (lucky few) or through the "fix" posted on the forum?

Noticed a few more posts coming in that are now having problems with various aspects of GB...not good.

I haven't updated yet.....

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry to mislead you.  I haven't updated yet.  What I should have said is, I will be glad to get GB, if it will resolve the issues I am currently having with 2.2.  I'm a novice with Android, hence, the post at the beginning of this thread.  I have no idea what Kies Mini is.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

12 years ago

Got it. Yeah, the delete account option is not easily findable. Maybe they made it that way so you don't accidentally delete an account, IDK.

And I thought maybe something was different with the GB version.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

THANKS,,, I've been trying to figure this out for 3 days
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.