Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 7, 2013
9:04:31 AM
View profile
Samsung Glide Wifi Issues
Edited by jamileh on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:40:38 AM

My wi-fi says connected, but at the same time the Wi-fi networks keeps repeating "scanning". Is this normal and does it count toward usage data usage? I ask because since November, I too have had extreme data usage while changing nothing from my routine which I've done with this phone for over a year. I've close applications, deleted some and tried to stop a couple from running but they won't quit. I've spent time with reps on the phone and gone to the store and no one seems to be able to solve this. Maybe you can.

My wi-fi says connected, but at the same time the Wi-fi networks keeps repeating "scanning". Is this normal and does it count toward usage data usage? I ask because since November, I too have had extreme data usage while changing nothing from my routine which I've done with this phone for over a year. I've close applications, deleted some and tried to stop a couple from running but they won't quit. I've spent time with reps on the phone and gone to the store and no one seems to be able to solve this. Maybe you can.

Samsung Glide Wifi Issues

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 9:08:55 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:40:47 AM

What kind of phone are you using?

A couple things to try:

Make sure your phone's OS is up to date

Reset your network settings

Backup your data and reinstall the phone's software (reset)

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

What kind of phone are you using?

A couple things to try:

Make sure your phone's OS is up to date

Reset your network settings

Backup your data and reinstall the phone's software (reset)

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Samsung Glide Wifi Issues

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 9:24:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jamileh on Jan 7, 2013 at 9:41:00 AM

I'm using a 1927uckl1 Samsung Galaxy Captivate Glide with gingerbread. I tried backing up my system to my Mac and it wouldn't work. I downloaded the Kies program on both and the two would not talk to each other. All of this I've tried because of the increased data packaging since November.

I'm using a 1927uckl1 Samsung Galaxy Captivate Glide with gingerbread. I tried backing up my system to my Mac and it wouldn't work. I downloaded the Kies program on both and the two would not talk to each other. All of this I've tried because of the increased data packaging since November.

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (1,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 9:47:45 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hmm - I wonder if there are some underlying problem then. 

Does the Wifi icon on your phone show the little arrows or does it have a question mark?

Have you ever been able to back up your phone using Keis?

Here's a link to the Wifi guide for your phone: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=5829&prd_ia_cd=N00...

--------------

Hmm - I wonder if there are some underlying problem then. 

Does the Wifi icon on your phone show the little arrows or does it have a question mark?

Have you ever been able to back up your phone using Keis?

Here's a link to the Wifi guide for your phone: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=5829&prd_ia_cd=N0000003&map_seq=55602#status

--------------

4 of 6 (1,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 10:25:31 AM
(0)
Tutor
I don't have any arrows or a question mark. I haven't tried kies before and haven't tried backing up with someone's pc rather than my mac.
I don't have any arrows or a question mark. I haven't tried kies before and haven't tried backing up with someone's pc rather than my mac.

5 of 6 (1,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2013 11:45:21 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

The help documents from Samsung I referenced about show wireless connection icons like this:

Here are some troubleshooting steps for Keis. Perhaps the software you downloaded to your Mac isn't working properly. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00029012&fm_seq=29180

--------------

The help documents from Samsung I referenced about show wireless connection icons like this:

Here are some troubleshooting steps for Keis. Perhaps the software you downloaded to your Mac isn't working properly. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00029012&fm_seq=29180

--------------

6 of 6 (1,084 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments