For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
tcsime's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, January 7th, 2013 5:04 PM

Samsung Glide Wifi Issues

My wi-fi says connected, but at the same time the Wi-fi networks keeps repeating "scanning". Is this normal and does it count toward usage data usage? I ask because since November, I too have had extreme data usage while changing nothing from my routine which I've done with this phone for over a year. I've close applications, deleted some and tried to stop a couple from running but they won't quit. I've spent time with reps on the phone and gone to the store and no one seems to be able to solve this. Maybe you can.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

What kind of phone are you using?

A couple things to try:

Make sure your phone's OS is up to date

Reset your network settings

Backup your data and reinstall the phone's software (reset)

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I'm using a 1927uckl1 Samsung Galaxy Captivate Glide with gingerbread. I tried backing up my system to my Mac and it wouldn't work. I downloaded the Kies program on both and the two would not talk to each other. All of this I've tried because of the increased data packaging since November.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hmm - I wonder if there are some underlying problem then. 

Does the Wifi icon on your phone show the little arrows or does it have a question mark?

Have you ever been able to back up your phone using Keis?

Here's a link to the Wifi guide for your phone: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=5829&prd_ia_cd=N0000003&map_seq=55602#status

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I don't have any arrows or a question mark. I haven't tried kies before and haven't tried backing up with someone's pc rather than my mac.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

The help documents from Samsung I referenced about show wireless connection icons like this:

samsungcaptivateglide_wifiicons.JPG

Here are some troubleshooting steps for Keis. Perhaps the software you downloaded to your Mac isn't working properly. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00029012&fm_seq=29180

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.