Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

It takes forever to Watch Youtube videos in HD (like 5-10 minutes ) and even slow for Non HD or HQ ( like 2-5 minutes). My Internet Download speed according to Speedtest.net ( on Wifi mind you ) is anywhere between 15 MBPS and 25 MBPS. MY Galaxy s3 is the Red one and is on Jelly bean if that matters

Message 1 of 6 (2,560 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy s3 Wifi is really slow on youtube?

Are you using an app or navigating to the mobile YouTube site?

Do you notice the same if you use a different video service like Vimeo?

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (2,509 Views)

I am using the YouTube app... It also seems wifi is generally slow on this phone. I don't have an issue with any other device that uses wifi
Message 3 of 6 (2,504 Views)

I guess ill just bring it in and see if i can exchange it... maybe its the phone thats the issue

Message 4 of 6 (2,471 Views)
Contributor

I am having the same problem on my Note 2. I Noticed it when I updated the YouTube app.
Message 5 of 6 (2,466 Views)
Tutor

Use the youtube speedtest since speedtest.net doesn't matter in your case. You should be getting a 8-10MB connection with Youtube. Also, note that Youtube is very slow between 1PM-5PM EST due to high traffic. So try running youtube at different times.
Message 6 of 6 (2,419 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.