The Samsung Galaxy S24
jasonrene's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 17th, 2018 9:00 PM

Samsung Galaxy S9+ - Game Launcher not enabled on AT&T build

Yesterday I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S9+.  In setting the new phone up, I looked for the Samsung Game Launcher app, which is enabled on Galaxy devices by going to Settings->Advanced Features->Games, as shown Samsung's instructions.  The "Games" option in the Advanced Features menu is missing.  When I went back to Best Buy, I compared their other carrier's S9+ devices, and I found that only the AT&T versions are missing this feature.  This is odd, because the "Games" option IS available on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8+.  It is only missing from this brand new phone customized by AT&T.

AT&T: Why is this feature missing, and when will it be returned to us?  The Game Launcher app is very useful and missing it for no apparent reason is annoying.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Att gets to choose what they want to include.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Glimmerman76, that's not an explanation.  Yes, carriers determine what to include and what not to include.  I'm not asking about that; that is obvious.  What is not obvious is why have they not enabled this feature on the S9 series when it is enabled on the S8 series.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Because someone in a suit decided it.  Is there a att games app?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I feel this is going to need more voices to get AT&T to care about it.... There is not too much out there regarding this issue. So it is not affecting people too much. I used game launcher. It was a great feature. I "upgraded" from Note 8 on AT&T and the only upgrade I have noticed is the camera. They have taken a few steps backwards here. NO SWIPE to call or text from the messaging app. that was nice... never had to go to contacts.... battery life seems worse than Note 8 too... Hopefully AT&T will hear us and release a software update.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

You can get the newest APK for it on Samsung's website no root needed

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

That is a great temporary fix, however, Every time I do... it opens it works, but when it's not even open in the background I keep getting "Game Launcher has stopped working" message. That's annoying it needs to be in our settings like everyone else. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

You want to get 2.2.05.4 still has everything and works fine 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I couldn't find on Samsung website, what am I doing wrong?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had to install the launcher on my husbands phone. He's very disappointed, because of the convenience of the game tools application. I will be getting my phone tomorrow, and as much as I was looking forward to it, I'm now a bit disappointed by the lack of that option on the AT&T model.

It made game play quite a bit easier without all of the notifications we have coming to us. Added to that AT&T being the only carrier that does not have that option is kind of bad. Anyone can read this, know it and decide that they don't want to deal with the Hassel of having to go through and download it, then transfer their services to a carrier that already has it.

It shouldn't be something that comes through on anew update, it should already be there. This is just my opinion and I kmow thay may mean little; however, that should mean something to someone. Just the convenience of that app for taking screenshots is amazing, let alone turning off access to buttons that hurt game play, just as the back and applications button (not actually sure what that button is that let's you see what apps you have open).

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I found the launcher. You don't have to go into settings or install it on at&t phones. Open a game, once the game is open pull out the home menu. On the very bottom, this tiny little circle with three dots exist in it.  viola! Game launcher!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.