For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
phyrereii's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, February 20th, 2015 11:53 PM

Samsung Galaxy S5 Home Button keeps sending me to Google

Hello,

I'm back with more 4.4.4 bugs!  I performed a factory reset since my last post and some of my problems have been relieved, but I noticed a new one SINCE the reset after 4.4.4.

Whenever I press my home button to exit an app, it takes me to my personalized Google screen.  I am tapping, NOT holding.  It's getting very frustrating to try and exit one app and then have to exit another before I can do what I wanted/needed to do.

I have tried removing the battery and I have also tried clearing the defaults.  Neither of these suggestions have worked.  Not sure what else to try now aside from another freaking factory reset.  I have about had it with this phone...

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

If you open the Google app (the blue square with the Google g )
Select accounts and privacy, select ? On top right. Select turn Google now on or off.
Directions:
Open the Google settings app
Tap Search &Now > now cards
Turn "show cards" OFF

You will also find a feedback option to inform Google of any malfunctions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Those saying "disable Google now", that doesn't fix the problem. It still either opens the Google search, and/or just gives a haptic vibration while staying on the same screen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

AT&T Why have you not addressed this issue yat and given us an answer or a time for a software update to fix this issue? I recently used my upgrade to this phone and it is now not working. Please update the software to fix this issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

After disabling Google search now.  I turned my phone off, when it came back on it stopped doing it.  We'll see

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Jacked from another thread. I did this & restarted and the problem is gone!
I FOUND A FIX! i called att and this of course is a known issue. -Go to settings -Application manager -Scroll to the left for "ALL" - scroll down and find "touchwiz home" -clear cache -clear defaults Hit home hit "always" to make touchwiz home defualt click ok. (I had 2 different TouchWiz apps I did this to)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I did this in the past and the problem came back after a few days...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Same problem here since that 4.4.4 update, most irritating!! Definitely only tapping the button, not holding it!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This has been sooo frustrating. I tried clearing the touch wiz information.  now when I hit the home button, it asks do you want to use touch wiz or touch wiz easy home.  I hitT W  easy home and woila I had a magnified screen.  I set it back, and all my screens were reset to defaults.  All my apps that I had arranged were gone.  Now I have a 20 minute job to rebuild my screens.  I agee that this is ridiculous. The one button on the phone and it misbehaves.  This would never happen on an apple product.  Now I will try the swipe up app.  but need to find my google play first.ugh.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.