Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 14, 2013
2:49:36 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S4 bricked after today's update

Just got it last night, loved it no problems.  Got the update this morning and it was flaky all day, would constantly freeze/lockup and reboot.  Would be fine for awhile and the the same thing happened.  Finally around 3PM it just refuses to boot and is stopped with the AT&T globe on the white background.

One error I made a note of after rebooting was along the line of "Unfortunately com.google.processes.gapps" has stopped responding or something to that effect.  Also had a similar error regarding "contacts".

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Just got it last night, loved it no problems.  Got the update this morning and it was flaky all day, would constantly freeze/lockup and reboot.  Would be fine for awhile and the the same thing happened.  Finally around 3PM it just refuses to boot and is stopped with the AT&T globe on the white background.

One error I made a note of after rebooting was along the line of "Unfortunately com.google.processes.gapps" has stopped responding or something to that effect.  Also had a similar error regarding "contacts".

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Samsung Galaxy S4 bricked after today's update

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 5:25:02 PM
(0)
Contributor
Got another next day shipped to me at AT&T expense. Customer service techs tried to solve the problem and were very helpful, just no dice. Factory hard reset wouldn't even fix it.

Warranty return people were VERY helpful and offered next day shipping before I had to ask for it.

I'm disappointed I have to return this phone after less than a day but AT&T has treated me like a valued customer (even w/ my unlimited data plan ;-)
Got another next day shipped to me at AT&T expense. Customer service techs tried to solve the problem and were very helpful, just no dice. Factory hard reset wouldn't even fix it.

Warranty return people were VERY helpful and offered next day shipping before I had to ask for it.

I'm disappointed I have to return this phone after less than a day but AT&T has treated me like a valued customer (even w/ my unlimited data plan ;-)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 bricked after today's update

2 of 3 (2,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 8:30:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thats good to hear.

Thats good to hear.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 bricked after today's update

3 of 3 (2,899 Views)