The Samsung Galaxy S24
Wild Banchi's profile

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2013 12:17 AM

Samsung Galaxy S4: First Impressions

Not sure if anyone has received their's yet, but how well are you all liking the phone? For S III owners, is it worth the upgrade?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

11 years ago

I was surprised ATT gave me $49 for my broken Galaxy S3 but I totally agree he could have gotten a lot more if he sold his on eBay.. That said I'm very curious about his opinion of the galaxy coming from the 5, personally I usually tell friends and family if they have been with iPhone and iPads the switch to android can be hard at first , just the array of options of customization can be overwhelming, I've been a Galaxy S user since the Galaxy S2 and I'm still finding settings I didn't know I could adjust lol... Totally not a bad thing, love being able to adjust every aspect to my liking be it fit aesthetics, power savings or personal preferences, in those abilities the GS4 is heads above the iPhone 5 but there lies the twist, some people (my wife is one lol) who although being a highly intelligent lady can screw up a 2 car funeral when it comes to electronic tech stuff and does much better with simplistic type of devices.. Also its easier on me since I'm the one she turns to when she has a issue 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@pmt1209 wrote:

I was surprised ATT gave me $49 for my broken Galaxy S3 but I totally agree he could have gotten a lot more if he sold his on eBay.. That said I'm very curious about his opinion of the galaxy coming from the 5, personally I usually tell friends and family if they have been with iPhone and iPads the switch to android can be hard at first , just the array of options of customization can be overwhelming, I've been a Galaxy S user since the Galaxy S2 and I'm still finding settings I didn't know I could adjust lol... Totally not a bad thing, love being able to adjust every aspect to my liking be it fit aesthetics, power savings or personal preferences, in those abilities the GS4 is heads above the iPhone 5 but there lies the twist, some people (my wife is one lol) who although being a highly intelligent lady can screw up a 2 car funeral when it comes to electronic tech stuff and does much better with simplistic type of devices.. Also its easier on me since I'm the one she turns to when she has a issue 🙂

That's very true... I came from an original Galaxy S Captivate to my iPhone 4. The switch was very simple. Now, the transition from my Samsung Mythic feature phone was a VERY big difference coming to the Captivate, which was my first smartphone at the time. I can't say I don't miss a few things about either of them. 

And isn't that the way it usually works? 😉

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@21stNow wrote:

pmt1209, I agree with most of what you said to the point that it's scary.  I didn't know that I had a twin!  I couldn't make the same comment about the phone calls, only because I rarely used my S III as a phone and the same applies with the S4.  I also haven't used the multiple lockscreens yet.  

I'm also thinking about buying a Samsung Plasma TV now.  I'm struggling with that one because I'm not a TV watcher.  I just want the TV to use my phones and tablet with.

I got the S View Cover to go with my S4 and I like the preview option that it gives me.

look ayt the LED's over the plasma's, the newer ones are far superior and you don;t have to worry about extra cooling in the summer for the room it is in - put your hand a inch or so away from a plasma after it has been on for a couple of hours:)

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the tip.  I am still debating and am having a hard time deciding.  The LED TVs seemed too bright for me when I saw them in the store.  I like the dimmer screens on the plasma TVs.  I keep my phones' screens set to a low brightness level (brightness = 0 on my Samsung phones).

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

11 years ago

So I've had my s4 for a week and I'm loving it! Battery life lasts all day. It really is awesome. I got a 32gb one for free after the trade in of my iPhone 5.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

My brother got the S4 one month after I got my S3. I personally love it but I don't think it's worth upgrading since there isn't much change to it. I rather wait another year and purchase the S5.Smiley LOL

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

I have the Note 2 and have no desire for the S4 and my wife decided to pass on the S4 too and get a better deal on the S3 because the S4 drove the prices way down. She is perfectly happy with the S3... no regrets. She was tempted to get the S4 though...

No need for the latest and greatest... even though I don't think the S4 can match up with the Note 2, which is the best phone I've had to date. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Upgrade last week from a HTC Inspire.  The S4 is wonderful compared to the HTC Inspire.  I waited and got the 32 gb S4 from ATT so I am happy with my storage space.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.