For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

Becuase I have a 32 GB card and would prefer 64gb of total storage as opposed than 48. Not to mention, some apps can't be moved to SD and some apps are huge - graphics/drawing programs, kids games, etc. A lunatic to need more than 16GB for app storage? Uhm I think not. And if one is to have a phone for nearly 2 years and with apps growing in size, why wouldn't you want the breathing room for a mere 50 bucks? I think it's entirely reasonable...smart even. With 32Gb internal I'd never need to worry abotu moving apps (a nuisance) and could use my SD solely for media.

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

Oh and AT&T either doesn't know when it's getting 32GB versions or doesn't want to tell us. Both scenario are pretty lame.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

@thepope wrote:
Spoiler

Actually a largeumber of applications can be stored and operated from the sd card.  I had the s2,s3, the note...all were capable of storing most apps on the sd card..fear not friend.

How so? Without rooting

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Curious as well. I have 175 apps installed on a non-rooted S III with a puny internal SD memory of 12 GB & a 32 GB external SD card.

148/175, several 'hogs' being AT&T Samsung bloatware, are Phone-resident only & cannot be moved to an external SD card.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I really want at least a 32gb. I won't buy it unless I can get at least that size. I may just take a drive over Saturday morning to see if they have it.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

Don't bother driving over to check on a 32 GB variant. I posted the following on another forum yesterday & nothing has changed.

Following are "official" quotes from AT&T & Samsung Mobile USA representatives re the current availability of a 32 GB variant in the U.S.:

AT&T:

Found out two items from DMs with AT&T:

1. The link posted directing users to the 32 GB variant was a mistake & the official line is that the 32 GB variant is "coming soon".

2. As of this time you will be allowed to keep the unlimited data plan.
(#1 re-confirmed this morning)

I wish I had that information to share with you. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it will be soon.

Samsung Mobile USA:

Here's a tweet I received from @SamsungmobileUS after not hearing back on my first attempt to get news on the 32 GB variant. Thought some would get a chuckle!

"Stay tuned for news on this product. We love the enthusiasm, Randy!"

We have no information regarding the availability of a 32 GB model for pre-order today.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

[removed extra code]

Scholar

• 

83 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for that info Randun. Nice of you to take the time.

It's pretty crazy that this variant with larger internal memory is some elusive product that doens't have a normal timetable or normal release like the 16GB model. It was announced..even pricing was announced. Lame.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

@Mandroid wrote:

Thanks for that info Randun. Nice of you to take the time.

It's pretty crazy that this variant with larger internal memory is some elusive product that doens't have a normal timetable or normal release like the 16GB model. It was announced..even pricing was announced. Lame.

No problem. I can't speak for the other carriers but if you look at one of my quotes from AT&T, the Rep noted that they posted the 32GB link by mistake. I have no doubt that the price point shown in that link will be the same. Availability is the big question now, but remember our good friends at Samsung (Smiley Indifferent) have a part in this saga as well.

IMO, Samsung screwed up in the U.S., as usual, & it snowballed from there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My cousin who works in a AT&T store told me like others here stated that they only talkng pre orders on the 16gb and around a week or two after they will have the 32 gb available. He claims that it is due to the fact that the 16gb is like the user staged above is readily available and more likely to sell so not to hinder in the 16gb sales they holding back any I do about other sizes. Simply they want people to buy the phone now and not tell you about the others so you will just buy the 16gb and not wait

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

By no means no disrespect to you or your cousin but that's some yarn! 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.