The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 4:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

No response from ATT staff? Is this thread invisible? Maybe if they ignore it, it will go away?

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

@deepen03 wrote:
why are you guys so worried about more storage? just buy the 16gb and go to Amazon and get a MicroSD card! 32GB are only 27 bucks and 16gb is 16bucks!

You cant save apps on the MicroSD card though

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

11 years ago

It just goes to show how little AT&T cares about it's customers.  I can understand not giving an answer for a day or 2 while information is being gathered but beyond that it's just inconsiderate and rude.  They (AT&T) are the ones that announced a 32 GB model and now they act as if they don't know anything about it.  What's it going to be AT&T?  Are you going to provide information to your paying customers or just ignore everyone. [word filter avoidance]

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

11 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

@deepen03 wrote:
why are you guys so worried about more storage? just buy the 16gb and go to Amazon and get a MicroSD card! 32GB are only 27 bucks and 16gb is 16bucks!

You cant save apps on the MicroSD card though

yeah, but how many apps could you possibly have? you have to be a lunatic to have 10plus gigs of apps to fill up 16gb of space.. my iPhone 5 apps take up around 1GB, and music like 7gb. i'll use the SD card for music/videos/pictures.. not apps.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

11 years ago

@deepen03 wrote:

yeah, but how many apps could you possibly have? you have to be a lunatic to have 10plus gigs of apps to fill up 16gb of space.. my iPhone 5 apps take up around 1GB, and music like 7gb. i'll use the SD card for music/videos/pictures.. not apps.

Games can take up a lot of space.  I don't download many games, but I know some that do - and they are often like 2GB+ so it can add up very quickly.

Scholar

• 

127 Messages

11 years ago

In a Direct Messaging dialogue with Customer Care representatives, the official line on the 32 GB variant is that is "coming soon". This applies to Samsung Mobile USA as well.

Adding a external memory card to a puny 16 GB phone gets you nowhere. Wait for the 32 and/or 64 GB variants.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

On my 64GB iPhone 5, which is completely full, I have 4 apps that take up roughly 7GB space alone. So, if I put back some of those nice RPGs I bought, that take up 2-3GB, does that make me a lunatic? Apparently I am.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

11 years ago

@OzmaPhase2 wrote:
On my 64GB iPhone 5, which is completely full, I have 4 apps that take up roughly 7GB space alone. So, if I put back some of those nice RPGs I bought, that take up 2-3GB, does that make me a lunatic? Apparently I am.

I don't think you can really compare app sizes between iPhone and Android, but the bottom line I think is that if you do plan on installing a bunch of games on the phone, you'll probably want to wait for the 32 or 64 (did they confirm they would even carry the 64?).  If you don't plan on installing many games, then the 16 is probably fine.  No, you're not a lunatic.  lol...  I have about 190+ apps on my 16gb GS3 without issue and still almost 8gb left.  I keep my music/photos/video on a 64gb microsdhc card.  I'm probably more of a lunatic having that many apps!

Explorer

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

@Leaguenight96 wrote:
I have a 32gb iPhone right now. I am a heavy app user with pictures and games and my phone is almost full. Apps are loaded to the phones memory, NOT to the sd card. Pics, music and contact data can be stored on the sd which is great but only 16gb for app space is kinda limited.

Actually in android, many apps are written so that they can be installed in the internal or external memory. 

Check out this link if you like.  http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

That said, the 16gb version isn't for me, I'm holding out for at least the 32gb version.

And AT&T, please give us a more specific answer on the release date of the SGS4 32gb, instead of the patronizing sounding answer of "soon". 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Spoiler

Actually a largeumber of applications can be stored and operated from the sd card.  I had the s2,s3, the note...all were capable of storing most apps on the sd card..fear not friend.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.