Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 17, 2013
9:43:46 AM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Anyone know why the 32GB version was not released as preorder? and When will it be available?

Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

154 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(154)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 11:05:29 AM
(0)
Mentor
I would like to know this information as well.
I would like to know this information as well.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4- 32GB Version release?

2 of 155 (25,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 6:03:34 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm also wondering - what's the story on the 32GB version? Is AT&T getting it or not? If so then when?

I'm also wondering - what's the story on the 32GB version? Is AT&T getting it or not? If so then when?

3 of 155 (25,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 6:51:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Personally, I had recently made the decision to switch from iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4 when I saw that it would be available in 16, 32 and 64GB versions, because I currently have the 64GB iPhone and it is completely full.  I was HOPING to grab the 64GB Galaxy S4, and get the 64GB card for it as well, thus doubling my storage space.  I just want to be able to fit all of my music, and actually have room for the various large games I'll end up buying, and also be able to take pictures and video.  After AT&T messed up with the pricing thing, stating it would be $250, then backing out and saying they meant it would be for the 32GB version, (with no mention of the 64GB version), I had lost most of my hope, and decided I'd settle for the 32GB version, and went nuts waiting for the pre-order page to appear.  When it did, and only had the 16GB version, I was VERY disappointed.  I'll either not be able to get a larger version, or I'll have to wait even longer- both suck.

Personally, I had recently made the decision to switch from iPhone 5 to the Galaxy S4 when I saw that it would be available in 16, 32 and 64GB versions, because I currently have the 64GB iPhone and it is completely full.  I was HOPING to grab the 64GB Galaxy S4, and get the 64GB card for it as well, thus doubling my storage space.  I just want to be able to fit all of my music, and actually have room for the various large games I'll end up buying, and also be able to take pictures and video.  After AT&T messed up with the pricing thing, stating it would be $250, then backing out and saying they meant it would be for the 32GB version, (with no mention of the 64GB version), I had lost most of my hope, and decided I'd settle for the 32GB version, and went nuts waiting for the pre-order page to appear.  When it did, and only had the 16GB version, I was VERY disappointed.  I'll either not be able to get a larger version, or I'll have to wait even longer- both suck.

4 of 155 (25,007 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 11:29:41 AM
(0)
Teacher
I've been asking the same question but not getting any real answers. Would love to get the 32gb but not if I have to wait a few months.
I've been asking the same question but not getting any real answers. Would love to get the 32gb but not if I have to wait a few months.

5 of 155 (24,821 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 5:20:35 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Mandroid on Apr 18, 2013 at 5:21:10 PM

What is the deal? Why is it hard to get a straight answer on such a simpe subject? Sigh.

I'm trying to buy something (against my better judgement perhaps condiering the abysmal state of the JB update for the OG Note) and can't get any information as to when what I want to buy will be available. The whole pre-order announcement never said you could only buy a 16GB in white.

AT&T - you have people who want to buy your products yet your phone, store and web representatives don't know or are unwilling to answer what seems like it should be a rather simple question.

What is the deal? Why is it hard to get a straight answer on such a simpe subject? Sigh.

I'm trying to buy something (against my better judgement perhaps condiering the abysmal state of the JB update for the OG Note) and can't get any information as to when what I want to buy will be available. The whole pre-order announcement never said you could only buy a 16GB in white.

AT&T - you have people who want to buy your products yet your phone, store and web representatives don't know or are unwilling to answer what seems like it should be a rather simple question.

[ Edited ]
6 of 155 (24,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 7:38:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

Another mess created by AT&T.  Announce pre-ordering on 4/16 with the S4 at $249,  then clarify that they meant $249 for the 32Gb version and16Gb would be $199,  then offer Pre-order for 16Gb only.  If anybody asks, deny any knowledge of 32Gb.

Amateur hour at its best.

Another mess created by AT&T.  Announce pre-ordering on 4/16 with the S4 at $249,  then clarify that they meant $249 for the 32Gb version and16Gb would be $199,  then offer Pre-order for 16Gb only.  If anybody asks, deny any knowledge of 32Gb.

Amateur hour at its best.

7 of 155 (24,604 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 10:03:43 AM
(0)
Teacher
Best answer I've gotten so far is that the 16gb is most readily available and probably the most desired size so preorders were taken for that. The 32gb will most likely be available in stores on or around the 30th. Once again a non direct answer..."most likely" and "on or around the 30th." Thanks AT&T. Great job with the info....sort of...kinda...maybe...
Best answer I've gotten so far is that the 16gb is most readily available and probably the most desired size so preorders were taken for that. The 32gb will most likely be available in stores on or around the 30th. Once again a non direct answer..."most likely" and "on or around the 30th." Thanks AT&T. Great job with the info....sort of...kinda...maybe...

8 of 155 (24,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 1:31:58 PM
(0)
Mentor
why are you guys so worried about more storage? just buy the 16gb and go to Amazon and get a MicroSD card! 32GB are only 27 bucks and 16gb is 16bucks!
why are you guys so worried about more storage? just buy the 16gb and go to Amazon and get a MicroSD card! 32GB are only 27 bucks and 16gb is 16bucks!

9 of 155 (24,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2013 9:45:41 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have a 32gb iPhone right now. I am a heavy app user with pictures and games and my phone is almost full. Apps are loaded to the phones memory, NOT to the sd card. Pics, music and contact data can be stored on the sd which is great but only 16gb for app space is kinda limited.
I have a 32gb iPhone right now. I am a heavy app user with pictures and games and my phone is almost full. Apps are loaded to the phones memory, NOT to the sd card. Pics, music and contact data can be stored on the sd which is great but only 16gb for app space is kinda limited.

10 of 155 (24,334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 6:02:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
I'm worried about 16GB because that was low storage years ago. Games and apps can be huge, and I'm sick of feeling limited. I have the 64GB iPhone 5 right now, and it's completely full. Even with a 16GB plus the 65GB card I'd be out of space in no time. I really only want the 64GB phone plus the 64GB card. That was why I was willing to make the switch to Android.
I'm worried about 16GB because that was low storage years ago. Games and apps can be huge, and I'm sick of feeling limited. I have the 64GB iPhone 5 right now, and it's completely full. Even with a 16GB plus the 65GB card I'd be out of space in no time. I really only want the 64GB phone plus the 64GB card. That was why I was willing to make the switch to Android.

11 of 155 (24,258 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 6:33:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

No response from ATT staff? Is this thread invisible? Maybe if they ignore it, it will go away?

No response from ATT staff? Is this thread invisible? Maybe if they ignore it, it will go away?

12 of 155 (24,242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 3:42:42 PM
(0)
Professor

deepen03 wrote:

You cant save apps on the MicroSD card though

deepen03 wrote:

13 of 155 (24,093 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 6:41:57 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 20, 2013 at 7:45:39 PM

It just goes to show how little AT&T cares about it's customers.  I can understand not giving an answer for a day or 2 while information is being gathered but beyond that it's just inconsiderate and rude.  They (AT&T) are the ones that announced a 32 GB model and now they act as if they don't know anything about it.  What's it going to be AT&T?  Are you going to provide information to your paying customers or just ignore everyone. [word filter avoidance]

It just goes to show how little AT&T cares about it's customers.  I can understand not giving an answer for a day or 2 while information is being gathered but beyond that it's just inconsiderate and rude.  They (AT&T) are the ones that announced a 32 GB model and now they act as if they don't know anything about it.  What's it going to be AT&T?  Are you going to provide information to your paying customers or just ignore everyone. [word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
14 of 155 (24,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 8:47:17 PM
(0)
Mentor

smooth4lyfe wrote:

deepen03 wrote:

yeah, but how many apps could you possibly have? you have to be a lunatic to have 10plus gigs of apps to fill up 16gb of space.. my iPhone 5 apps take up around 1GB, and music like 7gb. i'll use the SD card for music/videos/pictures.. not apps.

smooth4lyfe wrote:

deepen03 wrote:

yeah, but how many apps could you possibly have? you have to be a lunatic to have 10plus gigs of apps to fill up 16gb of space.. my iPhone 5 apps take up around 1GB, and music like 7gb. i'll use the SD card for music/videos/pictures.. not apps.

15 of 155 (23,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2013 9:29:31 PM
(0)
Scholar

deepen03 wrote:

Games can take up a lot of space.  I don't download many games, but I know some that do - and they are often like 2GB+ so it can add up very quickly.

deepen03 wrote:

Games can take up a lot of space.  I don't download many games, but I know some that do - and they are often like 2GB+ so it can add up very quickly.

16 of 155 (23,963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 2:08:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

In a Direct Messaging dialogue with Customer Care representatives, the official line on the 32 GB variant is that is "coming soon". This applies to Samsung Mobile USA as well.

Adding a external memory card to a puny 16 GB phone gets you nowhere. Wait for the 32 and/or 64 GB variants.

In a Direct Messaging dialogue with Customer Care representatives, the official line on the 32 GB variant is that is "coming soon". This applies to Samsung Mobile USA as well.

Adding a external memory card to a puny 16 GB phone gets you nowhere. Wait for the 32 and/or 64 GB variants.

17 of 155 (23,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 2:11:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
On my 64GB iPhone 5, which is completely full, I have 4 apps that take up roughly 7GB space alone. So, if I put back some of those nice RPGs I bought, that take up 2-3GB, does that make me a lunatic? Apparently I am.
On my 64GB iPhone 5, which is completely full, I have 4 apps that take up roughly 7GB space alone. So, if I put back some of those nice RPGs I bought, that take up 2-3GB, does that make me a lunatic? Apparently I am.

18 of 155 (23,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 8:56:47 PM
(0)
Scholar

OzmaPhase2 wrote:

I don't think you can really compare app sizes between iPhone and Android, but the bottom line I think is that if you do plan on installing a bunch of games on the phone, you'll probably want to wait for the 32 or 64 (did they confirm they would even carry the 64?).  If you don't plan on installing many games, then the 16 is probably fine.  No, you're not a lunatic.  lol...  I have about 190+ apps on my 16gb GS3 without issue and still almost 8gb left.  I keep my music/photos/video on a 64gb microsdhc card.  I'm probably more of a lunatic having that many apps!

OzmaPhase2 wrote:

I don't think you can really compare app sizes between iPhone and Android, but the bottom line I think is that if you do plan on installing a bunch of games on the phone, you'll probably want to wait for the 32 or 64 (did they confirm they would even carry the 64?).  If you don't plan on installing many games, then the 16 is probably fine.  No, you're not a lunatic.  lol...  I have about 190+ apps on my 16gb GS3 without issue and still almost 8gb left.  I keep my music/photos/video on a 64gb microsdhc card.  I'm probably more of a lunatic having that many apps!

19 of 155 (23,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 2:24:25 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by 2yumans on Apr 22, 2013 at 2:33:08 AM

Leaguenight96 wrote:

Actually in android, many apps are written so that they can be installed in the internal or external memory. 

Check out this link if you like.  http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

That said, the 16gb version isn't for me, I'm holding out for at least the 32gb version.

And AT&T, please give us a more specific answer on the release date of the SGS4 32gb, instead of the patronizing sounding answer of "soon". 

Leaguenight96 wrote:

Actually in android, many apps are written so that they can be installed in the internal or external memory. 

Check out this link if you like.  http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/install-location.html

That said, the 16gb version isn't for me, I'm holding out for at least the 32gb version.

And AT&T, please give us a more specific answer on the release date of the SGS4 32gb, instead of the patronizing sounding answer of "soon". 

[ Edited ]
20 of 155 (23,587 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 9:57:11 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by thepope on Apr 22, 2013 at 9:58:34 PM
Spoiler

Actually a largeumber of applications can be stored and operated from the sd card.  I had the s2,s3, the note...all were capable of storing most apps on the sd card..fear not friend.

Spoiler

Actually a largeumber of applications can be stored and operated from the sd card.  I had the s2,s3, the note...all were capable of storing most apps on the sd card..fear not friend.

[ Edited ]
21 of 155 (23,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 11:09:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Becuase I have a 32 GB card and would prefer 64gb of total storage as opposed than 48. Not to mention, some apps can't be moved to SD and some apps are huge - graphics/drawing programs, kids games, etc. A lunatic to need more than 16GB for app storage? Uhm I think not. And if one is to have a phone for nearly 2 years and with apps growing in size, why wouldn't you want the breathing room for a mere 50 bucks? I think it's entirely reasonable...smart even. With 32Gb internal I'd never need to worry abotu moving apps (a nuisance) and could use my SD solely for media.

Becuase I have a 32 GB card and would prefer 64gb of total storage as opposed than 48. Not to mention, some apps can't be moved to SD and some apps are huge - graphics/drawing programs, kids games, etc. A lunatic to need more than 16GB for app storage? Uhm I think not. And if one is to have a phone for nearly 2 years and with apps growing in size, why wouldn't you want the breathing room for a mere 50 bucks? I think it's entirely reasonable...smart even. With 32Gb internal I'd never need to worry abotu moving apps (a nuisance) and could use my SD solely for media.

22 of 155 (23,110 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 22, 2013 11:11:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Oh and AT&T either doesn't know when it's getting 32GB versions or doesn't want to tell us. Both scenario are pretty lame.

Oh and AT&T either doesn't know when it's getting 32GB versions or doesn't want to tell us. Both scenario are pretty lame.

23 of 155 (23,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 9:06:04 AM
(0)
Professor

thepope wrote:
Spoiler

How so? Without rooting

thepope wrote:
Spoiler

How so? Without rooting

24 of 155 (22,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 10:12:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Curious as well. I have 175 apps installed on a non-rooted S III with a puny internal SD memory of 12 GB & a 32 GB external SD card.

148/175, several 'hogs' being AT&T Samsung bloatware, are Phone-resident only & cannot be moved to an external SD card.

Curious as well. I have 175 apps installed on a non-rooted S III with a puny internal SD memory of 12 GB & a 32 GB external SD card.

148/175, several 'hogs' being AT&T Samsung bloatware, are Phone-resident only & cannot be moved to an external SD card.

25 of 155 (22,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 12:15:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
I really want at least a 32gb. I won't buy it unless I can get at least that size. I may just take a drive over Saturday morning to see if they have it.
I really want at least a 32gb. I won't buy it unless I can get at least that size. I may just take a drive over Saturday morning to see if they have it.

26 of 155 (22,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 12:24:21 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 23, 2013 at 12:42:00 PM

Don't bother driving over to check on a 32 GB variant. I posted the following on another forum yesterday & nothing has changed.

Following are "official" quotes from AT&T & Samsung Mobile USA representatives re the current availability of a 32 GB variant in the U.S.:

AT&T:

Found out two items from DMs with AT&T:

1. The link posted directing users to the 32 GB variant was a mistake & the official line is that the 32 GB variant is "coming soon".

2. As of this time you will be allowed to keep the unlimited data plan.
(#1 re-confirmed this morning)

I wish I had that information to share with you. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it will be soon.

Samsung Mobile USA:

Here's a tweet I received from @SamsungmobileUS after not hearing back on my first attempt to get news on the 32 GB variant. Thought some would get a chuckle!

"Stay tuned for news on this product. We love the enthusiasm, Randy!"

We have no information regarding the availability of a 32 GB model for pre-order today.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

[removed extra code]

Don't bother driving over to check on a 32 GB variant. I posted the following on another forum yesterday & nothing has changed.

Following are "official" quotes from AT&T & Samsung Mobile USA representatives re the current availability of a 32 GB variant in the U.S.:

AT&T:

Found out two items from DMs with AT&T:

1. The link posted directing users to the 32 GB variant was a mistake & the official line is that the 32 GB variant is "coming soon".

2. As of this time you will be allowed to keep the unlimited data plan.
(#1 re-confirmed this morning)

I wish I had that information to share with you. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed that it will be soon.

Samsung Mobile USA:

Here's a tweet I received from @SamsungmobileUS after not hearing back on my first attempt to get news on the 32 GB variant. Thought some would get a chuckle!

"Stay tuned for news on this product. We love the enthusiasm, Randy!"

We have no information regarding the availability of a 32 GB model for pre-order today.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747) Using Tapatalk 2

[removed extra code]

[ Edited ]
27 of 155 (22,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 2:25:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for that info Randun. Nice of you to take the time.

It's pretty crazy that this variant with larger internal memory is some elusive product that doens't have a normal timetable or normal release like the 16GB model. It was announced..even pricing was announced. Lame.

It's pretty crazy that this variant with larger internal memory is some elusive product that doens't have a normal timetable or normal release like the 16GB model. It was announced..even pricing was announced. Lame.

28 of 155 (22,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2013 2:50:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

Mandroid wrote:

No problem. I can't speak for the other carriers but if you look at one of my quotes from AT&T, the Rep noted that they posted the 32GB link by mistake. I have no doubt that the price point shown in that link will be the same. Availability is the big question now, but remember our good friends at Samsung (Smiley Indifferent) have a part in this saga as well.

IMO, Samsung screwed up in the U.S., as usual, & it snowballed from there.

Mandroid wrote:

No problem. I can't speak for the other carriers but if you look at one of my quotes from AT&T, the Rep noted that they posted the 32GB link by mistake. I have no doubt that the price point shown in that link will be the same. Availability is the big question now, but remember our good friends at Samsung (Smiley Indifferent) have a part in this saga as well.

IMO, Samsung screwed up in the U.S., as usual, & it snowballed from there.

29 of 155 (22,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2013 8:53:31 AM
(0)
Contributor
My cousin who works in a AT&T store told me like others here stated that they only talkng pre orders on the 16gb and around a week or two after they will have the 32 gb available. He claims that it is due to the fact that the 16gb is like the user staged above is readily available and more likely to sell so not to hinder in the 16gb sales they holding back any I do about other sizes. Simply they want people to buy the phone now and not tell you about the others so you will just buy the 16gb and not wait
My cousin who works in a AT&T store told me like others here stated that they only talkng pre orders on the 16gb and around a week or two after they will have the 32 gb available. He claims that it is due to the fact that the 16gb is like the user staged above is readily available and more likely to sell so not to hinder in the 16gb sales they holding back any I do about other sizes. Simply they want people to buy the phone now and not tell you about the others so you will just buy the 16gb and not wait

30 of 155 (22,513 Views)