Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2013
3:11:33 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 update issue

This morning my phone took a good 45 minutes to update and when I started looking around afterwards I noticed that I no longer have the button (in the pull screen with notifications) to turn my mobile data on or off. With only 300 MB data plan I keep my data turned off unless I actually need it and now I no longer seem to be able to turn the data on and off the same way I control the Wi-fi and Bluetooth options. Why was this taken away and how can I get it back?

This morning my phone took a good 45 minutes to update and when I started looking around afterwards I noticed that I no longer have the button (in the pull screen with notifications) to turn my mobile data on or off. With only 300 MB data plan I keep my data turned off unless I actually need it and now I no longer seem to be able to turn the data on and off the same way I control the Wi-fi and Bluetooth options. Why was this taken away and how can I get it back?

Samsung Galaxy S3 update issue

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 9:42:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem and from what I have read that was intentional. There is a app called "Data Toggle Switch" made by appsynapse that works great. It doesn't put the icon in the same line of selections but right below that. It will still be just as accessible when you pull down the status bar and cuts ALL data just as the original did.

If I remember correctly it was free.

I had the same problem and from what I have read that was intentional. There is a app called "Data Toggle Switch" made by appsynapse that works great. It doesn't put the icon in the same line of selections but right below that. It will still be just as accessible when you pull down the status bar and cuts ALL data just as the original did.

If I remember correctly it was free.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 update issue

2 of 4 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 11:51:15 AM
(0)
Contributor
You can still turn it on and off. Unfortunately now there's just a lot more steps to do it... Go to: Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data.
You can still turn it on and off. Unfortunately now there's just a lot more steps to do it... Go to: Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Mobile Data.

3 of 4 (982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 6:34:49 PM
(0)
Teacher
Download the Data Enabler Widget. You can add the widget, once installed, from your home screen. It is a simple Data Toggle Switch.
Download the Data Enabler Widget. You can add the widget, once installed, from your home screen. It is a simple Data Toggle Switch.

4 of 4 (955 Views)