Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2014
9:51:53 AM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 - camera flash with receiot of email...!!!

Hi,

My ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 received a system upgrade yesterday.  Unpleasant in that it made changes to the user interface and settings (sounds, etc.) I did not need.  But, major issue is that the camera flash now goes off whenever I receive an incoming email.  I see the flash while talking on the phone.  Any assistance with stopping that behavior would be greatly appreciated!!!

--Ken

Hi,

My ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 received a system upgrade yesterday.  Unpleasant in that it made changes to the user interface and settings (sounds, etc.) I did not need.  But, major issue is that the camera flash now goes off whenever I receive an incoming email.  I see the flash while talking on the phone.  Any assistance with stopping that behavior would be greatly appreciated!!!

--Ken

Samsung Galaxy S3 - camera flash with receiot of email...!!!

2 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 10:50:17 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi there @boldforbes , are you still having trouble? This sounds like a very unique issue.  You can send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We'll do our best to help!

~Julie Rae

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi there @boldforbes , are you still having trouble? This sounds like a very unique issue.  You can send us a private message here with your full name, account number, contact information and the best time you can be reached. We'll do our best to help!

~Julie Rae

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - camera flash with receiot of email...!!!

2 of 3 (4,789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 6:59:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:00:16 AM

That's bizarre.  You might do a factory reset (backup any important personal data first) to see if that helps.

Inconveneient, I know.  But this will frequently (although not always) clear up random bugs after an update.

That's bizarre.  You might do a factory reset (backup any important personal data first) to see if that helps.

Inconveneient, I know.  But this will frequently (although not always) clear up random bugs after an update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 - camera flash with receiot of email...!!!

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (4,505 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments