Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jan 10, 2013
8:32:48 PM
Samsung Galaxy S3 Question

Hello.  I have a question about the Samsung Galaxy S3.  If the phone did not have any service connected to it, would it still be able to be turned on and use the features that are located locally on the phone features like the calculator and calendar?  I have had quick messaging phones where, after I took out the SIM card and turned the phone back on, I could use the features on the phone itself that did not require service.  This is just a curiosity question.

Hello.  I have a question about the Samsung Galaxy S3.  If the phone did not have any service connected to it, would it still be able to be turned on and use the features that are located locally on the phone features like the calculator and calendar?  I have had quick messaging phones where, after I took out the SIM card and turned the phone back on, I could use the features on the phone itself that did not require service.  This is just a curiosity question.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Question

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2013 11:02:50 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Yes, you can typically use any smartphone as a "smartdevice" if there is no SIM card in it. 

If you're able to connect to wifi you should be able to use the phone to access the internet as well. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Yes, you can typically use any smartphone as a "smartdevice" if there is no SIM card in it. 

If you're able to connect to wifi you should be able to use the phone to access the internet as well. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Question

2 of 2 (656 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments