The Samsung Galaxy S24
bjones7134's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 29th, 2012 4:38 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3 Main Screen Question

I new to android, came from blackberry. On the main screen, if you are using the screen with the weather and clock, there is a little yellow sun with a '1' inside of it. I can't tell what it is for, doesn't seem to be a email, voicemail, or message indicator. Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

It has to do with the dst settings in world clock.If you turn off DST it goes away. I hope this helps

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

There is a weather alert in your area.  Mine is an excessive heat watch.

Tap the weather area of the widget.  Then tap the city that is being displayed (most likely your current location).  Then tap "More" at the bottom of the screen.  This will tell you what the the weather alert is.  The alert won't go away once you check it, however.  I guess that it goes away once the alert is no longer active, provided that there is not a new alert to take its place.  I hope that this helps.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

That was I was thinking, but we don't have any in our area, and its been there since I got it on Sat.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

What area are you in?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

MI. I'm thinking it has something to do with the world clock. When I check the clock settings it is in there too.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Event notifications also show up here.  Do you store birthdays in your contact information?  If so, someone's birthday may have been this week.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I tried unchecking those 3 boxes and didn't make a differnce, no b-day or appt this week either. Will have to post on Samsungs website and see if I can find out what it means.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

I just got off a chat with Samsung, no luck there. May have to try Google. Can anyone who has the S3 check under Apps, Clock, World Time and see if you see it there also. Thanks

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I see the same "1" too under world clock and on the main weather widget.  I also have a post about the email notification not clearing.  Let me know if you have any issues wtih this too.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

What is DST and how do you turn it off?  I can't find it.  Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.