Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 29, 2012
9:38:59 AM
Samsung Galaxy S3 Main Screen Question

I new to android, came from blackberry. On the main screen, if you are using the screen with the weather and clock, there is a little yellow sun with a '1' inside of it. I can't tell what it is for, doesn't seem to be a email, voicemail, or message indicator. Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance.

I new to android, came from blackberry. On the main screen, if you are using the screen with the weather and clock, there is a little yellow sun with a '1' inside of it. I can't tell what it is for, doesn't seem to be a email, voicemail, or message indicator. Anybody got a clue? Thanks in advance.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2012 7:12:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

It has to do with the dst settings in world clock.If you turn off DST it goes away. I hope this helps

Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S3 Main Screen Question

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 9:55:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

There is a weather alert in your area.  Mine is an excessive heat watch.

Tap the weather area of the widget.  Then tap the city that is being displayed (most likely your current location).  Then tap "More" at the bottom of the screen.  This will tell you what the the weather alert is.  The alert won't go away once you check it, however.  I guess that it goes away once the alert is no longer active, provided that there is not a new alert to take its place.  I hope that this helps.

There is a weather alert in your area.  Mine is an excessive heat watch.

Tap the weather area of the widget.  Then tap the city that is being displayed (most likely your current location).  Then tap "More" at the bottom of the screen.  This will tell you what the the weather alert is.  The alert won't go away once you check it, however.  I guess that it goes away once the alert is no longer active, provided that there is not a new alert to take its place.  I hope that this helps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Main Screen Question

2 of 11 (3,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 10:25:27 AM
(0)
Tutor

That was I was thinking, but we don't have any in our area, and its been there since I got it on Sat.

That was I was thinking, but we don't have any in our area, and its been there since I got it on Sat.

3 of 11 (3,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 11:54:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

What area are you in?

What area are you in?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (3,797 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 11:58:52 AM
(0)
Tutor

MI. I'm thinking it has something to do with the world clock. When I check the clock settings it is in there too.

MI. I'm thinking it has something to do with the world clock. When I check the clock settings it is in there too.

5 of 11 (3,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 12:52:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Event notifications also show up here.  Do you store birthdays in your contact information?  If so, someone's birthday may have been this week.

Event notifications also show up here.  Do you store birthdays in your contact information?  If so, someone's birthday may have been this week.

6 of 11 (3,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 12:57:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

I tried unchecking those 3 boxes and didn't make a differnce, no b-day or appt this week either. Will have to post on Samsungs website and see if I can find out what it means.

I tried unchecking those 3 boxes and didn't make a differnce, no b-day or appt this week either. Will have to post on Samsungs website and see if I can find out what it means.

7 of 11 (3,772 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 1:46:00 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just got off a chat with Samsung, no luck there. May have to try Google. Can anyone who has the S3 check under Apps, Clock, World Time and see if you see it there also. Thanks

I just got off a chat with Samsung, no luck there. May have to try Google. Can anyone who has the S3 check under Apps, Clock, World Time and see if you see it there also. Thanks

8 of 11 (3,759 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 12:16:55 PM
(0)
Contributor

I see the same "1" too under world clock and on the main weather widget.  I also have a post about the email notification not clearing.  Let me know if you have any issues wtih this too.

I see the same "1" too under world clock and on the main weather widget.  I also have a post about the email notification not clearing.  Let me know if you have any issues wtih this too.

9 of 11 (3,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2012 7:12:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

It has to do with the dst settings in world clock.If you turn off DST it goes away. I hope this helps

10 of 11 (3,629 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2012 8:35:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

What is DST and how do you turn it off?  I can't find it.  Thanks.

What is DST and how do you turn it off?  I can't find it.  Thanks.

11 of 11 (3,287 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments