For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
smooth4lyfe's profile

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 4:36 AM

Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Missing Camera Features?

Acoording to: http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/

We are supposed to have these features in Jelly Bean

• You can now swipe from the camera viewfinder to quickly review photos you've taken without having to leave the camera app. You can swipe back to the camera viewfinder to start snapping photos again.
  • When viewing photos in Gallery, you can pinch to zoom out to enter "filmstrip mode" and rapidly review photos. When viewing photos in filmstrip mode, you can swipe up or down to delete an individual photo. You can also undo the delete with a single tap.
  • When taking a photo, a new animation sweeps your photo off the screen. There is now a new paging animation when swiping between photos.
  • Camera features a new animation for switching between the front-facing and back cameras.
  • When focusing on an object in Camera, a new animation gives you visual feedback on your focus state.
  • Gallery features a new animation when selecting a photo from within the album view and back

I dont see any of these...do you?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I don't know. I noticed the same thing. For some reason they seem to be missing. If someone knows anything about this please let us know.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, not sure why they decided to exclude it

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

What a shame. I was looking forward to the new camera functions. Maybe XDA has a work-around. I'd hate to wait for the newer verision of Jelly Bean. Then again, we'll probably never see another update for the SG3 anyway.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I also do have this feature.  I noticed in the description of some of the features that they were only for 7" tablets.  Is this one of those features?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

You might be right about tablet features only. Looking for more in info. But I did find this .m.samsung.com/us/article/galaxy-s-iii-update
Does not mention the camera features. Only way to check is find someone with a nexus or on different carrier and see if they have those features.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Also facelock doesn't have blink feature either. Or I just cant find where to enable it.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Shuetib wrote:
Also facelock doesn't have blink feature either. Or I just cant find where to enable it.

I don't think that this feature comes until Jellybean 4.2.  I didn't get the blink option on my Galaxy Nexus until after the 4.2 update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Actually, I rooted my old Galaxy1 and installed Jelly Bean last Sept. The new features are there and work great.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Just found the blink unlock. It shows up after setting up facial unlock at least twice for extra security. Then the blink option shows up in setup.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Well, at least you're able to get into the camera program. Whenever I hit the Camera icon, it opens up the Camera program but it merely merely shows a 'Tips' dialog that won't go away regardless of how many times I hit the "OK'. Hitting any other button on the screen does nothing, and after a while Android tells me 'Camera isn't responding, do you want to close it?' and that's all she wrote.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.