The Samsung Galaxy S24
jimdeforge's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 31st, 2013 9:11 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update?

When will the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update be sent out to the public?  Verizon customers have already received it!

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

It's quite obvious ATT really doesn't care what other carriers have pushed out what other updates relevant to the S3. There's really no benefit to them to put in the extra work. 

If you really need that 4.2 upgrade I would suggest installing a custom ROM. There are plenty out there and they are very easy to do. The only downside is that you may experience some issues with some aspects of your phone not working right. But for the most part the custom ROMs are very good and stable. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Dear att I am a valued employee and have a gs3 phone and I need the newest update for my phone and don't want to be forced to upgrade to the s4 just to have the update not to say I will eventually but it's not fair to leave all us s3 owners in the dark when every other carrier has updated there s3 and samsung has already said it's on you guys.

Scholar

• 

106 Messages

11 years ago

Good look on that one. There are other threads in this forum with the same problem. Try placing a BBB complain.

Mentor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

I'm tired of this. The same delays occurred with the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate 2 1/2 years ago. I went the custom rom way back then. I thought it would be different with the S3 but I'm wrong again, but I won't make that mistake again. My 1 year warranty ends in September, Then I'll cancel AT&T, pay the earty tern penalty, and get a Nexus 4 thru T-Mobile. I'd be a fool not to go with T-Mobile with their new JUMP plan & lower priced Family plan that includes unlimited voice, text, & 500MB data for about half of what I'm paying AT&T now! You had your chance AT&T.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

How do I go about placing one of the complaints?

Scholar

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

To file a complaint just go to BBB.org, but just remember that once you file a complaint many customer service people will brush you off to that department then and they take a while to respond.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Someone from at&t told me that they were going to release 4.1.2 in a few weeks when other carriers are going to get 4.2.2 in july this month!!!! 

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

11 years ago

Filed my complaint and got a call from a rep in NC. Who just arrogantly apologized. No date or which update, just told me to keep an eye out for an update. T-Mobile here I come.

Mentor

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I've just installed a custom 4.3 ROM. Works great. Forget ATT and their lame updates that take a century to roll out. Take control of your phone and install the latest and greatest ROM! 

Of course this forum will not let me post the name of the ROM that I installed since its such a Threat to them. The initials are SB in XDA. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.