The Samsung Galaxy S24
krana786's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2011 4:41 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Bluetooth Connectivity Issue

I am having some trouble with my bluetooth connection to Plantronics Voyager Pro+ with Skyrocket. The bluetooth connection is stable for a while, and then bluetooth randomly disconnects from the voyager pro+. And I cannot manually connect it unless i restart the phone. Looking at the phone it will say that the bluetooth is off. And when I try to turn on bluetooth, it says it's turning on, but never does. Even turning the phone off and on again does not help. The power-saving mode is off. Did anyone face the same issue. Any fix.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am having a related issue. I go into my car to connect the bluetooth in my car and it connects. 2-5 minutes later it disconnects and the bluetooth on the phone will turn back on at all. It happened with the first phone and they said it was probably just that phone, so I sent in for another one and its doing it with this one too. No fixes, but if you stumble across one please inform me! It's very frustrating isn't it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

It appears everyone is having this issue.  It's not limited to any specific bluetooth devices.  My Skyrocket has the same issue with my BMW bluetooth.  Some people have said if you unpair all devices and only pair the device you want to use, it "fixes" the problem.  This hasn't worked for everyone and is obviously just a band-aid anyway.  Hopefully, Samsung will get their act together on this one or I will be returning the phone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It's at least relieving to know that I'm not just being dense about it. Mine will pair with my Toyota Highlander but the Pause and Play are reversed. You play on the car, it pauses the phone, and vice versa.

Additionally - I'm having the same problem with the Plantronics Voyager Pro+. (Which I went out and bought b/c I thought that my Plantronics Voyager 510 must have been dying.).....minus 70 more $. 😞

I certainly hope they can update it soon!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Just got off the phone with Samsung (AT&T Support transferred me....)

They indicated that it isn't compatible. How can a major phone not be compatible with a major earpiece??? How could they miss this, and if that's the case - how can they simply say 'sorry'?

I'm hoping I got a bad representative and that there's a fix somewhere out there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am also having the disconnect issue with my Plantronics Pro+ headset.  Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

12 years ago

My Plantronics Pro+ does not connect automatically when I turn on the phone, I have to go to settings...it shows it is paired but not connected so I have to manually connect. Anyone know what to do to resolve this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm having a similar problem.

My phone connects just fine with my Pioneer receiver, but after 30 minutes, my phone will reset itself, breaking the connection and requiring everything to be paired up. I've tried all the band-aid fixes suggested, but to no avail. Very annoying. I'm hoping that Jellybean will fix this problem.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

BUMP.

I wanted to let anyone else struggling with this bluetooth issue what worked for me. I downloaded and installed Samsung KIES software on my PC, performed a full backup of phone and made sure it was fully charged. Now, there will be an upgrade to JellyBean from within KIES. UPGRADE! after upgrade perform a restore and most all your stuff comes  back. A few of my games/apps installed on my SD Card kept uninstalling itself. this is a bug in JB. Go to Settings, APPS, and move the app to your phone memory and that fixes it. Other than that, i have been running the update without all the annoying bluetooth issues and its like having a new phone!!! love the update. Only issue is i have more battery drain than before. i have read that installing Jellybean clean install fixed that but will have to research how to do that. Good luck.. hope this helps someone else.

P.S. this is update is NOT available over the air, so dont look for it from your phone. only the KIES software gets you this update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.