Samsung Galaxy S2 Notification light

Tutor

Samsung Galaxy S2 Notification light

When I receive a text message or missed call there is no notification light. I have to open my main screen to always check if there is something pending. Should there be a notification light somehow?

Would appreciate any advice.thanks.
Message 1 of 6 (18,993 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zooms
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Notification light

There is no notification light on AT&T versions. In fact, AT&T doesn't believe anyone needs notification lights. So, majority of its smartphones, especially new ones, have the notification light removed at factory. So is the story of AT&T GS2.

Message 2 of 6 (18,987 Views)
Mentor

Zooms wrote:
When I receive a text message or missed call there is no notification light. I have to open my main screen to always check if there is something pending. Should there be a notification light somehow?

Would appreciate any advice.thanks.

There is no notification light, however there is an app you can download from the market called noLED that works like one. However, I've been told its a battery drainer. Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 6 (18,983 Views)
Tutor

That's sad to hear. Thanks for the info!
Message 4 of 6 (18,953 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You must have been a previous Sprint phone user, then. Smiley Wink I know that many, if not mostly all, Sprint feature phones and smartphones have a little notification light that blinks when a new notification has arrived.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (18,921 Views)
Mentor

Most blackberry phones do have notification lights as well, not that bad of an idea for people who do not compulsively check their phone every 17 sec.

Message 6 of 6 (18,866 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.