The Samsung Galaxy S24
Zooms's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, November 6th, 2011 10:45 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2 Notification light

When I receive a text message or missed call there is no notification light. I have to open my main screen to always check if there is something pending. Should there be a notification light somehow?

Would appreciate any advice.thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

There is no notification light on AT&T versions. In fact, AT&T doesn't believe anyone needs notification lights. So, majority of its smartphones, especially new ones, have the notification light removed at factory. So is the story of AT&T GS2.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

12 years ago

@Zooms wrote:
When I receive a text message or missed call there is no notification light. I have to open my main screen to always check if there is something pending. Should there be a notification light somehow?

Would appreciate any advice.thanks.

There is no notification light, however there is an app you can download from the market called noLED that works like one. However, I've been told its a battery drainer. Hope that helps!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

That's sad to hear. Thanks for the info!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You must have been a previous Sprint phone user, then. 😉 I know that many, if not mostly all, Sprint feature phones and smartphones have a little notification light that blinks when a new notification has arrived.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

12 years ago

Most blackberry phones do have notification lights as well, not that bad of an idea for people who do not compulsively check their phone every 17 sec.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.