The Samsung Galaxy S24
Zooms's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 5:28 AM

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Can I lock applications?

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me out. This is the first smartphone I own and it is awesome! However, all the other "dinosaur" phones I've owned prior were able to lock any and all of the applications you want. I was wondering if the Galaxy S2 could do this as well. I couldn't find it though. What I mean exactly is that I could put a password lock on my messages, my contacts, my pictures, my email, etc. separately. The one unlock code (to open the main screen) doesn't help if someone is using my phone and all the applications are available for them to browse through especially concerning my email or text messages. 

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I have a new Galaxy s2 and came from blackberry. The best app for this is "App Protector" Free on the android market. Its simple to use and you can choose the apps to protect. Works great because you never need to lock the whole phone, just the apps you dont want anyone to get into if you loose the phone.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

No, Don't let anyone use your phone. Problem solved. Phones are very personal, I don't see any reason you want anyone else touch it.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

BTW, there are some 3rd party apps allow you to setup unlock password for using that app. Microsoft Hotmail app is the one I know of capable of doing that. None of the stock apps come with the phone have that feature. Maybe there is some 3rd party SMS app can do that too. But that will be totally app dependent.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you so much! The answer I was looking for.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.