Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 24, 2013
8:28:29 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-i337) and KIES

Bit of a dumb question, but would love some expert from AT&T to try and answer without blowing wind.

You pushed out Build MF3 to our phones, why is it that if I have to do a Emergency Firmware Recovery in KIES, JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3 is not on there ?

If you already have MF3 on your phone and you attempt to Emergency Firmware Recovery from KIES, it pushes down the old MDL build and crashes your phone !!!

So .. why is KIES not UP TO DATE with our build ????

Bit of a dumb question, but would love some expert from AT&T to try and answer without blowing wind.

You pushed out Build MF3 to our phones, why is it that if I have to do a Emergency Firmware Recovery in KIES, JDQ39.I337UCUAMF3 is not on there ?

If you already have MF3 on your phone and you attempt to Emergency Firmware Recovery from KIES, it pushes down the old MDL build and crashes your phone !!!

Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-i337) and KIES

12 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2013 5:44:51 AM
(0)
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

Have you been to the Samsung website?

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

LordGeek wrote:

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-i337) and KIES

2 of 13 (11,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 1:05:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I have checked it out .. also reached out to Samsung Support in regards to this issue .. there response was "AT&T has not given up the MF3 build to update KIES"

So again, my question to AT&T .. why has KIES not been updated ?

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I have checked it out .. also reached out to Samsung Support in regards to this issue .. there response was "AT&T has not given up the MF3 build to update KIES"

3 of 13 (11,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 1:07:06 PM
(0)
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

LordGeek wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

4 of 13 (11,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 9:37:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

I sent a Private Message to ATTCustomerCare .. now lets see if they will even respond (never have before with anything I've asked).

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

I sent a Private Message to ATTCustomerCare .. now lets see if they will even respond (never have before with anything I've asked).

5 of 13 (11,800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 12:59:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

I also sent a private message and received this response:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out to us via private message!  I'm sorry, but we don't have any information to share at this time.

Thank You,

Jason F.

Not a very good answer from AT&Tas far as I'm concerned!!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out to us via private message!  I'm sorry, but we don't have any information to share at this time.

Thank You,

Jason F.

Bill

6 of 13 (11,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 5:37:44 PM
(0)
Expert

billsite34 wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank You,

Jason F.

Bill

If there is no infromation at this time that is the only answer there is, good or bad.

billsite34 wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank You,

Jason F.

Bill

If there is no infromation at this time that is the only answer there is, good or bad.

7 of 13 (11,735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:09:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

billsite34 wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank You,

Jason F.

Bill

Interesting, I got a complete different response from them !!

Hi Martin,

One of our managers will be reaching out to you today via the contact information that you have provided to further assist with your concerns.

Thank You,

Jason F.

AT&T Social Media Manager

wingrider01 wrote:

billsite34 wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank You,

Jason F.

Bill

Interesting, I got a complete different response from them !!

Hi Martin,

One of our managers will be reaching out to you today via the contact information that you have provided to further assist with your concerns.

Thank You,

Jason F.

AT&T Social Media Manager

8 of 13 (11,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 5:25:33 AM
(0)
Scholar
@LordGeek Did they reach out to you? This just seems like poor planning or a total lack of coordination between Samsung and AT&T
@LordGeek Did they reach out to you? This just seems like poor planning or a total lack of coordination between Samsung and AT&T
Sent from my Galaxy S 3 (i747)

9 of 13 (11,613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:24:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

s.m.knipe wrote:

As of today, still nothing heard from them at all !!! Normal.

s.m.knipe wrote:

As of today, still nothing heard from them at all !!! Normal.

10 of 13 (11,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 8:53:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

what link did you use to contact them, that you got a response on?

I'll be glad to do the same. I'm stuck on MF3 as well.

I'll be happy to post on other forums to create some more visibility and generate some more noise. I have AT&T for busines, home and interent, and several mobile accounts. I'm considering canceling all AT&T service because of this one issue.

TIA,

JB

I'll be happy to post on other forums to create some more visibility and generate some more noise. I have AT&T for busines, home and interent, and several mobile accounts. I'm considering canceling all AT&T service because of this one issue.

TIA,

JB

11 of 13 (11,317 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 8:19:59 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by LordGeek on Sep 6, 2013 at 8:21:00 AM

JaBoTX wrote:

TIA,

JB

The message from wingrider01 with the link of ATTCustomerCare .. worst part of all this and just as I expected from AT&T in regards to Customer Service or anything they offer for support ..

It is now September 6th .. I still have not heard from anyone at AT&T !!!

This is PATHETIC on AT&T's side .. been 19 years with this darn company .. and still, nothing has changed .. why I even bother anymore. T-Mobile and Verizon are looking better and better everyday .. maybe time for a change of scenery.

JaBoTX wrote:

TIA,

JB

The message from wingrider01 with the link of ATTCustomerCare .. worst part of all this and just as I expected from AT&T in regards to Customer Service or anything they offer for support ..

It is now September 6th .. I still have not heard from anyone at AT&T !!!

This is PATHETIC on AT&T's side .. been 19 years with this darn company .. and still, nothing has changed .. why I even bother anymore. T-Mobile and Verizon are looking better and better everyday .. maybe time for a change of scenery.

[ Edited ]
12 of 13 (11,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 9:59:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just tell them you'll "re-think possible" when they're willing to do the same.

AT&T has freaked our company out more and more in the past couple years. I reckon we'll be dumping 'em before long. Haven't used 'em for personal purposes for a long time.

I tried to upgrade my S4 today (since they released an official upgrade), and the download failed. Then of course the widget won't let me try for 24 hours. 

Maybe if they didn't pattern their site on healthcare.gov they'd be able to handle some peak traffic.   ;-)

Just tell them you'll "re-think possible" when they're willing to do the same.

AT&T has freaked our company out more and more in the past couple years. I reckon we'll be dumping 'em before long. Haven't used 'em for personal purposes for a long time.

I tried to upgrade my S4 today (since they released an official upgrade), and the download failed. Then of course the widget won't let me try for 24 hours. 

Maybe if they didn't pattern their site on healthcare.gov they'd be able to handle some peak traffic.   ;-)

13 of 13 (9,375 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments