The Samsung Galaxy S24
rock87in's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 2:29 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note - Too slow after ICS update

I've had this issue ever since I installed the update. I've tried several apps to increase the speed of my phone and reduce open applications but I'm sick of it now.

2 questions -

1) Anybody else had this issue and if so how did you deal with it?

2) Can I get rid of this ICS update and go back to the gingerbread ?

Thanks

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

You might try a factory reset (but you will lose all your data).   OTA updates can be messy, as they keep user data.  Sometimes this can affect performance.  A clean slate may or may not help.

You can't roll back the firmware (install an older version) by official means.  Its not allowed by Android.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had this same problem, worked with AT&T, Samsung, and Google (for Android specific support) to see if I could role back to the Gingerbread platform after upgrading to ICS. Phone was slow, having even one app open would put the phone in Red status due to RAM usage, draining battery life at increased rates, etc. Long story short, I decided to go through AT&T warranty to get a replacement phoen with Gingerbread.

There is no option to revert back to an older firmware once you upgrade.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

12 years ago

@redpoint73 wrote:

You might try a factory reset (but you will lose all your data).   OTA updates can be messy, as they keep user data.  Sometimes this can affect performance.  A clean slate may or may not help.

You can't roll back the firmware (install an older version) by official means.  Its not allowed by Android.

To clarify my suggestion regarding the factory reset:  a factory reset at this point will not roll you back to Gingerbread.  It just wipes all user data and refreshes the current OS version, which is ICS in this case.  The term "factory reset" is a bit of a misnomer and confusing in cases like this. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Did AT&T gave you a new Note?? I got mine May this year, and just recently did the update to the ICS 4.0...and now having same problems, slow, laggy, ect. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.