The Samsung Galaxy S24
Saurav97's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 4:50 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

Why does At&t not have the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White? Ever since Oct. 24th I've been looking on the website DAILY to see if the white version has come out. I lost my phone around Oct. 20th and it's been around 15 days now... which is around TWO WEEKS. Ever since then I need a phone and the phone I want is the Note 2.

Now, since pre order's came out I've bee wanting to pre order this phone and have been looking for the white version FOREVER. T-Mobile has it, so does Sprint, so does VERIZON and VERIZON doesn't even get the phone in stores until the 27th of Nov.!!! That doesn't make any sense? Why is that we don't have just a color? What's the point of having only one color available? It just doesn't make sense to me. Now, I was willing to wait till the 6th since I saw the pre order but I was expecting whtie to show up soon in a few days after the 24th. However, that never happened and I'm still waiting and it's the 4th of Nov. right now.

I understand that I can buy a case which is white, but it isn't the same. Knowing that I have a gray phone makes me feel wrong and I want the white version. I've extended my date of waitingness to the 9th of Nov. since that's when the phone oficially comes out for At&t. After that I don't think I can wait any longer as I don't even have a phone right now.

What I want some information on is:

1: Why does At&t not have the white version of this phone?

2: How come Verizon, and all the other carriers have it but we dont? 3: Will it come out in the next 2 days?

3: Will it come out in stores by the 9th of Nov.? 

4: Is there any way possible that I can pre order this phone either online or in store normally but just in the WHITE version?

I've checked Samsung's website and they say  that they have the white version for At&T and they provide us with a link but when I click the link it just links back to the Gray version. 

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

HEY EVERYBODY!!! The Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White is now on the AT&T website! Check it out =>

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung/galaxy-note-ii-marble-white.html#fbid=pi7fiYUm8Rq

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I'm in the same exact boat. I check every day - almost every hour when the white version will come out. Googling constantly for any updates. Ugh! I'm hoping this stupid marketing ploy will release the white one Nov. 9. I know what you mean about getting the grey, it's just not the same.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Omg finally I found someone who is in the exact same situation as me!! I dont want grey but from the looks of it, it seems like im gonna be forced to do so... I don't understand why they do this? It's just a freaking color. I check for updates on google like every hour too. I even freaking have dreams about this dang thing. I strongly strongly strongly dont want the gray one and honestly i'm getting irritated as heck. I made this forum question hoping someon would answer because there was like no other way for me to get any information, I contacted A&t and samsung both and they both of course don't have any information. It's so stupid.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree... the no white option is annoying.  Here is what I have gathered from my research.  

Yes, AT&T is about the only carrier that does not have the whote options available.  After tweeting with SamsungUSA and an AT&T customer care rep, they did not say.  Samsung directed me to AT&T.  AT&T rep who contacted me over Twitter stated that they have no knowledge.  After visting an AT&T store they will not have a display of the gray until Nov 9th.  Again, no word on white.  Verizon store informed me that they saw them from the rep but will not have them available to demo onsite until a future date. 

I really have no additional information but... My guess is that if AT&T is going to have a white one, it may be available on 11/27 which is when Verizon is slated to ship those.  I think it is pretty much junk that the white is not available as I also do not want the gray.  I have had the 1st iphone all the way to the 4.  Been waiting to replace it and of course no, white Note 2!

Even researched getting a T-Mobile one unlocked but I am fearful of the antenna and not getting the best potential out of the device on the correct carrier.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

Ugh I've heard the same things. What's the point of releasing white when Verizon gets it? Makes no sense! I've also had all iPhones and got the iphone 5 but returned it because I didn't feel like I had a new phone and I never ever ever thought I would go droid. I read some forums where some people were able to preorder the white one at best buy but when I went in myself they had no info on a white one either. I'm really hoping for nov 9th but everyone's pointing at nov 27. I'll be so irritated if I really have to wait that long. Searching every hour every day is consuming me!! lol

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks to all you guy replying so far, I talked with a few at&t representatives and they said there's a very high posibility, which basically means 100% hopefull that the white will come out on the 9th when they get the phone in stock. I'm sure they're not releasing it on the 27th. There's no reason at&t would do that but i'm really hoping on the 9th because if it's any later than that, 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

I am so glad to see that I am not the only one with this frustrating problem! I as a user of The Note, and I sold mine to purchase The Note II in WHITE! I will wait but hopefully you are right and it will be released on the 9th, but if not, I will wait till the 27th!  Its a must have in white, its just so classy and sleek (:

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Saurav97 wrote:

Thanks to all you guy replying so far, I talked with a few at&t representatives and they said there's a very high posibility, which basically means 100% hopefull that the white will come out on the 9th when they get the phone in stock. I'm sure they're not releasing it on the 27th. There's no reason at&t would do that but i'm really hoping on the 9th because if it's any later than that,

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I've held off in responding because I just don't get this level of passion about a color.  But threatening violence and harm to people and property really goes too far.  There are people that have no food, clothing and shelter due to Hurricane Sandy and even people who lost their lives.  Threatening violence over a cell phone color is unconscionable.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I agree with you 21stNow. But I am wondering why you bring Sandy to this topic....if you are that much concerned about the Sandy victims, then you should never choose your food, dress and in fact any material things in your life, as there are millions of people dying without food and water in the world. When people in African countries like Somalia have no access to food and dress, why should we go to restaurants and wear designer clothes?

To support your view, we can also say that we all gonna die one day so why should we go to job, earn money, buy car and house in which we cannot live forever?

Come on dude, live your life as you wish as long as your actions don't hurt anyone. If a person like to buy a particular color phone or anything..No one gonna get hurt.or no one gonna fight with at&t .In fact he will pay huge money for that phone and taxes, which would help our economy. I think spending money on your favorite things is better than keeping it in your pocket. Who knows Samsung may donate a huge amount to sandy victims....lol

p.s.  I am also eagerly waiting to spend my hard earned money on this beauty and also help the economy. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

I included the reference to Hurricane Sandy because it is a recent and local example of much larger things in life.  My point wasn't about the fact that people want a cell phone, or even that people want a cell phone in a particular color.  My point was that resorting to threats over something like a cell phone color is beyond reason.

And, I'm not a dude.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.