The Samsung Galaxy S24
Saurav97's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 4:50 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

Why does At&t not have the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White? Ever since Oct. 24th I've been looking on the website DAILY to see if the white version has come out. I lost my phone around Oct. 20th and it's been around 15 days now... which is around TWO WEEKS. Ever since then I need a phone and the phone I want is the Note 2.

Now, since pre order's came out I've bee wanting to pre order this phone and have been looking for the white version FOREVER. T-Mobile has it, so does Sprint, so does VERIZON and VERIZON doesn't even get the phone in stores until the 27th of Nov.!!! That doesn't make any sense? Why is that we don't have just a color? What's the point of having only one color available? It just doesn't make sense to me. Now, I was willing to wait till the 6th since I saw the pre order but I was expecting whtie to show up soon in a few days after the 24th. However, that never happened and I'm still waiting and it's the 4th of Nov. right now.

I understand that I can buy a case which is white, but it isn't the same. Knowing that I have a gray phone makes me feel wrong and I want the white version. I've extended my date of waitingness to the 9th of Nov. since that's when the phone oficially comes out for At&t. After that I don't think I can wait any longer as I don't even have a phone right now.

What I want some information on is:

1: Why does At&t not have the white version of this phone?

2: How come Verizon, and all the other carriers have it but we dont? 3: Will it come out in the next 2 days?

3: Will it come out in stores by the 9th of Nov.? 

4: Is there any way possible that I can pre order this phone either online or in store normally but just in the WHITE version?

I've checked Samsung's website and they say  that they have the white version for At&T and they provide us with a link but when I click the link it just links back to the Gray version. 

Thank you.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I don't have an unlimited plan. The store that said they had white is an authorized dealer shop not radio shack or best buy, just an AT&T authorized store.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You should be fine.  Check your local AT&T store again tomorrow morning to see if they have the white in stock once they actually get the shipment in.  Sometimes, the reps won't know what's actually coming until it gets to the store.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

What else can be bad about ordering thru authorized? Haha I'm hesitant now.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

there is nothing bad about ordering through an authorized dealer- at least in my experience. all you might have to worry about is availability at the most.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeza wrote:
What else can be bad about ordering thru authorized? Haha I'm hesitant now.

Some have their own contracts in addition to AT&T's contract, that prevent you from making changes to your services for 90-180 days (depending on the reseller).  From my understanding, most AT&T-branded authroized resellers don't have this, but you have to check with the one that you are purchasing from.

If you don't plan on making any changes to your service levels, there probably aren't any other disadvantages.  I say get the phone that will make you happy from a place that will make you happy.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I too am waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in white. At least in the Seattle area, it appears the AT&T stores will not have the device in white, only gray

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I went to a store on my lunch break today and they had no Idea if there would be any in white available tomorrow. I just called my local store that I was planning on going to and they said they just got the phones in for tomorrows release and there are 10 marble white ones available. Guess I know where I will be first thing in the morning.

I am near Houston Tx by the way if that helps.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I just called the store and they are reserving the white for me for tomorrow. Im still on a call around to see if closer stores have them if not I have this in the bag. So close yet so far!! I'm excited!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

hmmm.... its seems like locations everywhere are starting to confirm their arrivals! maybe AT&T will post the white version up tomorrow upon official release. that way those not able to get it in store can at least order it....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

For the person questioning about an authorized retailer... I'm a store manager for an authorized retailer and we can do everything that a corporate store can. The only places I've seen problems is with like Best Buy and Radio Shack. They are not exclusively ATT like we are and so they don't know it like we do. So you might run into more problems going there honestly. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Don't worry about going to a retailer. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.