The Samsung Galaxy S24
Saurav97's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 4:50 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

Why does At&t not have the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White? Ever since Oct. 24th I've been looking on the website DAILY to see if the white version has come out. I lost my phone around Oct. 20th and it's been around 15 days now... which is around TWO WEEKS. Ever since then I need a phone and the phone I want is the Note 2.

Now, since pre order's came out I've bee wanting to pre order this phone and have been looking for the white version FOREVER. T-Mobile has it, so does Sprint, so does VERIZON and VERIZON doesn't even get the phone in stores until the 27th of Nov.!!! That doesn't make any sense? Why is that we don't have just a color? What's the point of having only one color available? It just doesn't make sense to me. Now, I was willing to wait till the 6th since I saw the pre order but I was expecting whtie to show up soon in a few days after the 24th. However, that never happened and I'm still waiting and it's the 4th of Nov. right now.

I understand that I can buy a case which is white, but it isn't the same. Knowing that I have a gray phone makes me feel wrong and I want the white version. I've extended my date of waitingness to the 9th of Nov. since that's when the phone oficially comes out for At&t. After that I don't think I can wait any longer as I don't even have a phone right now.

What I want some information on is:

1: Why does At&t not have the white version of this phone?

2: How come Verizon, and all the other carriers have it but we dont? 3: Will it come out in the next 2 days?

3: Will it come out in stores by the 9th of Nov.? 

4: Is there any way possible that I can pre order this phone either online or in store normally but just in the WHITE version?

I've checked Samsung's website and they say  that they have the white version for At&T and they provide us with a link but when I click the link it just links back to the Gray version. 

Thank you.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeza wrote:
anyway... I called my local AT&T and asked if they will be selling the note 2 on Friday. They said they usually get their shipments on Sundays and they haven't gotten anything yet so it's possible they won't even get anything on nov 9. 😞

If you're open to buying it from an authorized reseller, you can check Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc. to see when they will have the AT&T version in stock.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I too am waiting for the white version of the Note 2. At least in the Seattle area, it appears the only color avail on Fri 11/9 will be the gray. :((

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Wow.  I thought I was the only one being picky about getting the right color I want.  Anyway, I briefly went over what other people wrote here and someone dismissed the white one by saying it's only a color.  I completely disagree with whoever said it.  I usually don't really care about the color either, but I have to say that the white marble looks way better than the titanium gray.  I actually went to both Sprint and T-Mobile stores to check it out in person.  The color and the finish they have on the white one is very well executed than the gray.  The material they used on gray looks and feels cheap and dull.  The white one definitely sets apart from the dull titanium gray.  They should've made a white one and a black one, just like iPhones. I just don't understand why AT&T wouldn't have it available for us.  I would've pre-ordered it the first day. 

This specific thread is about people anticipating the product they've been waiting for.  People who cares about what they want to use for the next 2 years, and knowing exactly what they one.  If you don't understand, and if you're used to settling less than you wanted, bring yourself to else where, and share your two cents over there, not here. 

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

OK guys, I'm in Los Angeles so I called every possible AT&T store and authorized dealer within 30 miles. The ones I called either no stock or only had grey. One store said they only had "black" (he probably meant grey?) and one store said "we don't have them yet but we're getting 3 colors". 3 colors?!? I dunno about that. I finally tracked down a store that has stock AND HAS WHITE. He told me to call back tomorrow morning to get on the waiting list to reserve one. I hope this isn't too good to be true!!!! Gotta set my alarm to call 10am sharp cuz he said he only has a couple in stock. This was an authorized dealer shop. 😄

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

There's nothing wrong with buying from authorized dealers opposed to the actual AT&T store, right?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeza wrote:
There's nothing wrong with buying from authorized dealers opposed to the actual AT&T store, right?

Your only concern would be if you have grandfathered plans, as some of the authorized dealers don't have access to them in their system.  Was it an AT&T authorized dealer or a Radio Shack or other store that said that they would have white?

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@hyunj16 wrote:

Wow.  I thought I was the only one being picky about getting the right color I want.  Anyway, I briefly went over what other people wrote here and someone dismissed the white one by saying it's only a color.  I completely disagree with whoever said it.  I usually don't really care about the color either, but I have to say that the white marble looks way better than the titanium gray.  I actually went to both Sprint and T-Mobile stores to check it out in person.  The color and the finish they have on the white one is very well executed than the gray.  The material they used on gray looks and feels cheap and dull.  The white one definitely sets apart from the dull titanium gray.  They should've made a white one and a black one, just like iPhones. I just don't understand why AT&T wouldn't have it available for us.  I would've pre-ordered it the first day. 

This specific thread is about people anticipating the product they've been waiting for.  People who cares about what they want to use for the next 2 years, and knowing exactly what they one.  If you don't understand, and if you're used to settling less than you wanted, bring yourself to else where, and share your two cents over there, not here. 

I want a phone.  While I have a preference for color, it doesn't affect the overall function of the phone.  I would rather have a phone in hand than walk around wishing for a color.  If you can't accept dissenting opinions, maybe a public forum isn't for you.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

If I were you I wouldn't wait to call at 10AM if all possible I would be there first thing or send someone there at opening time of business and not take a change of missing out. Like all of us I just can't wait to have it. ;^p LOL!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I too have been hopelessly following the note 2 since it's anouncement, and waiting for the marble white version to finally become available for AT&T (I'm switching over from Sprint, since I'm unhappy with their service). I've spoken to numerous reps and have gotten different information from each one of them, and I have to say that I'm disappointed in the lack of information the AT&T reps seem to have about their own products; especially so close to release. But I have not lost hope lol. I contacted a few of my local AT&T stores (I live in Miami) and my friend who works for an authorized dealer. I was told by the stores that they will have the devices in later today in time for tomorrow's release, ANNNDDDDD!!!!  that the MARBLE WHITE version WILL be available-as to their knowledge...but to call back before end of business day to confirm that it came in with the order. While my friend that works as a salesperson at the authorized dealer location advised me that his location only ordered a few handsets, not sure which color, and that they probably won't be in till some time NEXT week-after release. I'm not sure if this is some marketing technique, or what! But the anticipation is driving me nuts!! I would be happy if someone were able to finally give me some SOLID information- instead of all these run arounds 😞 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Both gray and white will be available tomorrow.

They have enough products for both colors because unlike iPhone5, there was no problem with manufacturing Note 2.

They already have them at their retail stores.

because everybody knows that white one is more popular, so they wanna release and sell gray one first and get some margin of it.

from Dallas

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.