The Samsung Galaxy S24
Saurav97's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 4:50 AM

Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White?

Why does At&t not have the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White? Ever since Oct. 24th I've been looking on the website DAILY to see if the white version has come out. I lost my phone around Oct. 20th and it's been around 15 days now... which is around TWO WEEKS. Ever since then I need a phone and the phone I want is the Note 2.

Now, since pre order's came out I've bee wanting to pre order this phone and have been looking for the white version FOREVER. T-Mobile has it, so does Sprint, so does VERIZON and VERIZON doesn't even get the phone in stores until the 27th of Nov.!!! That doesn't make any sense? Why is that we don't have just a color? What's the point of having only one color available? It just doesn't make sense to me. Now, I was willing to wait till the 6th since I saw the pre order but I was expecting whtie to show up soon in a few days after the 24th. However, that never happened and I'm still waiting and it's the 4th of Nov. right now.

I understand that I can buy a case which is white, but it isn't the same. Knowing that I have a gray phone makes me feel wrong and I want the white version. I've extended my date of waitingness to the 9th of Nov. since that's when the phone oficially comes out for At&t. After that I don't think I can wait any longer as I don't even have a phone right now.

What I want some information on is:

1: Why does At&t not have the white version of this phone?

2: How come Verizon, and all the other carriers have it but we dont? 3: Will it come out in the next 2 days?

3: Will it come out in stores by the 9th of Nov.? 

4: Is there any way possible that I can pre order this phone either online or in store normally but just in the WHITE version?

I've checked Samsung's website and they say  that they have the white version for At&T and they provide us with a link but when I click the link it just links back to the Gray version. 

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I apologize for my comment.. But I don't see any threats of violence in the above comments. I think it might have been deleted or editied. In case if there was any violent threats in this thread, I am absolutely against that.

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

It wasn't even a big deal and obviously not a serious threat. relax. 

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeza wrote:

It wasn't even a big deal and obviously not a serious threat. relax. 

People shouldn't joke like that.  There are too many bad things that happen where people ignored the threat beforehand.  Either way, threats accomplish nothing positive and won't make a white Galaxy Note II appear any sooner than it would have without the threats.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Just like my user name I'm 1 of many disappointed customers about not having the option to pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White yet when other carriers and vendors are offering it. But you all may not be aware of nor informed that AT&T is re-boxing the Samsung Galaxy Note II not including the new designed ear-buds\headphones. I've watched an AT&T unboxing of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on YouTube that's alarming and very upsetting also the AT&T website that’s offering the pre-ordering only list: What's in the box? S Pen (inserted), Wall Charger, USB Cable, Battery and Quick Start Guide only with no new designed ear-buds\headphones. This is definitely “No Bueno” because it's not in the original "SEALED" Samsung Galaxy Note 2 box like advertised\released and many other videos & websites review online. PLUS!!! it doesn't come with nor include the new designed ear-buds\headphones in the AT&T box. This obviously tells me partly why AT&T has changed from the original "SEALED" Samsung Galaxy Note 2 boxes to their so-call marketing product labeling box version. I believe Samsung is shipping the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in its original "SEALED" box to all carriers & vendors but AT&T is breaking\opening the "SEAL", removing the new designed ear-buds\headphones to then repackage it with their box. REALLY!?! It's like buying a new car then being told the gas cap door or one of the door handle wil not be included. This doesn’t make any sense! BTW! If my memory serves me right since the release of Apple’s iPhone to date AT&T hasn’t dare re-box it nor broken any sealed Apple boxes to exclude nor remove the white Apple ear-buds\headphones. Hmmm! What’s with the corporate Apple fear but this corporate Samsung disrespect? Presently I'm an iPhone 4 user and have been with the iPhone since 2008 but the iPhone 5 didn't impress me like the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Marble White HD 4G LTE 64GB Limited Edition which I can't wait to get.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

21stNow I didn't see the original post about whatever threatening comments were said. I saw something like the comment was "edited due to guidelines" or something like that. I do agree that making threats or whatever over the color of a phone is completely asinine. I remember people being hysterical over the fact that the Iphone 4 was released in black well before the white one was available. I want to comment on your remarks about Hurricane Sandy. I want to preface my statements because by me living in the "Hurricane Belt" and dealing with potential storms frequently, I know how things work.

Yes your comments are true, but it makes me think about those who did lose their lives due to the storm. You never wish it on anyone, but you have to ask yourself why most (if not all) of those people lost their lives. Did it have something to do with people not being cognizant and flagrantly choosing to disregard people more knowledgeable such as: meteorologists', mayors' and governors' advice to leave instead of endangering themselves? Didn't Hurricane Irene hit the same general area last year? Why weren't people aware? Why didn't people evacuate, go to shelter(s), get bussed out of town etc.? Why did people INTENTIONALLY put themselves in harms way. (rhetorical questions). Don't get me wrong I'm sensitive to the whole situation but you can't justify people dying if they were being stupid (knowing right from wrong and choosing to do wrong anyways) and paid the ultimate price because they were ignorant to the hazards. We Floridians have been through storms. Most people die due to trees falling on homes, people wrecking into downed trees/power lines, driving car through feet of water (swept away), storm surge (drowning) etc. Preventable circumstances. If you want to mention the kids who were put in a bad situation or storm recovery workers you got me. People from the Gulf through the Eastern Seaboard need to know they're at risk for hurricanes and they need to educate themselves. These natural disasters don't pop up. You get 1-3 weeks to monitor a storm at sea for THOUSANDS of miles. No excuse. No one (in the US) should die due to hurricanes, but it happens and it'll continue to happen.

Anyways back to the white note II...

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Anytime people die in a disaster, I consider it tragic.  Yes there was a warning.  However, the evacuation effort in heavily populated New York City was not the best, see nursing homes in Rockaway Beach as an example. 

Your post hits my original point: there are life-threatening issues from nature that people have to deal with not just with the storm but also with its aftermath.  There is no need to make threats to people's lives over a cell phone color.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Man... I am too waiting eagerly for marble white galaxy note II and checking at least 10 times a day but to no avail... god knows whats going on with AT&T... Hope it comes out on 9th in Store.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

This is rediculous, att continues to frustrate its customers. I'm seriously thinking about switching over to T-Mobile, atlesat they have the phone in BOTH colors AND unilimted data plans. The only thing that is stopping me is my grandfathered plan with att, otherwise I woulda been long gone. 

Explorer

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

I'm tired of drooling over this phone everyday. I want mine already! I wish I at least had some concrete info on when the white would be available so I don't have to feel so anxious all the time!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

21stNow: "'Ive held off in responding because I just don't get this level of passion about a color. "

I don't know what you're takling about but color plays a HUGE role in deciding. How about the next car you purchase arrives in pink. Color doesn't matter right? 

Most people will have their Note 2, most likley, for the next two years of their lives, and when they see somebody else with a white version, it will most likely cause regret. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.