The Samsung Galaxy S24
vkrishn3's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, December 14th, 2012 10:33 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note II: Incorrect time display problem

Anyone else notice issues with the phone's time display on AT&T's Galaxy Note 2? I have it currently set to automatically obtain time/date data using the carrier's network. But I have noticed that the phone frequently displays ridiculously incorrect time. Not just incorrect time w.r.t timezone but time displayed WAY off the charts. Not sure what's causing this and I am curious to know if anyone else have noticed this issue and maybe have a documented fix.

Please advise. 

Thanks

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

11 years ago

Is it the display on the top of the screen or is it on a screen widget? That might be the issue, related to the widget settings. I have found that once in a while my weather/clock widget goes crazy. I replaced it with one from HD Widgets, cost two dollars but it's really sharp.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the response and that's an excellent question!

I quickly checked it out. Time is displayed incorrectly on the phone's official time setting itself. (upper right corner of the screen). So seems like the widget is doing what it is meant to (pulling time data from the phone's time setting and display it).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Adding more info--

The incorrect time display occurs automatically, at my phone's will irrespective of whether it is set to automatically obtain time/date from the Carrier's network OR manually set by the user (me)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  My timeclock has been wrong at least 4 times in the last 3 days.  I'm a Sprint user.  I called Sprint technical support this morning and this is not a known issue.  They had me go to Settings>System Update>Update PRL.  After updating PRL, time has been correct.  Holding my breath.  Hope this fix "sticks."

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Have you noticed the time display glitch again (after updating PRL)?

When I contacted the AT&T Technical Support, I was asked to do a factory reset and re-download my apps at a gradual pace (like 5 apps a   day) to determine if one of the apps was causing this time display error. It was a pain-in-the-tail but I did not have a better option. I still notice the glitch from time-to-time but not as frequent as it use to be. I am still pretty unsatisfied with this solution and I am hoping for a documented fix for this glitch. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Yes. Unfortunately it did not fix it. At a loss. I will call tech support again. They need to log this as a known issue.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

http://www.wireless.att.com/support/deviceTutorials.do?tutorialId=961800  <🙂

1.settings

2.date and time

3.uncheck and check AUTOMATIC

verify set date, time zone,time, time format if applicable

Note this is different then going to clock. You would think the developers would have clock under date and time or get rid of clock.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.