The Samsung Galaxy S24
Shannon Hodel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 3:42 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note E-mail Issues

I changed from an IPhone to this Samsung Galaxy Note and all I have had is issues. It first started with not being able to send or receive text messages, then not being able to receive email.  I thought I got both issues resolved, but now I am having issues with my emails AGAIN.  When I click on the email icon on the home screen, it acts like it is trying to connect but then a little box at the bottom of the screen pops up saying "CONNECTION ERROR".  I receive alot of emails daily, so to see none show up, I knew something was up.  I can access my email account online at the AT&T website, but I want it to work on my phone.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Have you set up a Google account?

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

12 years ago

Similar problem here. I used the default email app to set up my yahoo.com email. It worked for the first few days both on my Wi-Fi and 4G. A day or so ago I started getting "Connection Error" when I tried to refresh and check for new mail. My problem seems different because it does still receive and send email but I get the "Connection Error" prompt when doing it. Android OS has a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way to go before its up to par with iPhone OS.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Are there connection issues where you are located?  I receive my Yahoo! email just fine.  I can't speak to sending Yahoo! email, because I rarely send those from my phone.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I had a similar problem, until I deleted my email application information, and then I had no connection problem. Maybe it was something in the cache or program interfering. I love my galaxy note, however the default program gallery for pictures could be better and handle more files. Also, this webpage is detecting the wrong device for me, I have a galaxy note which is s gh I 727

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

What do mean when you say you deleted your email application information.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You're not alone....since launching my Galaxy I have periodically experienced similar issues and believe the issuet lies with the Yahoo server. I have been unsuccessful in getting any resolution with AT&T or even being able to get throught to Yahoo. AT&T simply defers me to Yahoo which has not even responded. Good luck getting through to Yahoo!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.