Samsung Galaxy Note E-mail Issues

Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Note E-mail Issues

I changed from an IPhone to this Samsung Galaxy Note and all I have had is issues. It first started with not being able to send or receive text messages, then not being able to receive email.  I thought I got both issues resolved, but now I am having issues with my emails AGAIN.  When I click on the email icon on the home screen, it acts like it is trying to connect but then a little box at the bottom of the screen pops up saying "CONNECTION ERROR".  I receive alot of emails daily, so to see none show up, I knew something was up.  I can access my email account online at the AT&T website, but I want it to work on my phone.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note E-mail Issues

Have you set up a Google account?
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

Similar problem here. I used the default email app to set up my yahoo.com email. It worked for the first few days both on my Wi-Fi and 4G. A day or so ago I started getting "Connection Error" when I tried to refresh and check for new mail. My problem seems different because it does still receive and send email but I get the "Connection Error" prompt when doing it. Android OS has a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way to go before its up to par with iPhone OS.
Message 3 of 7
Professor

Are there connection issues where you are located?  I receive my Yahoo! email just fine.  I can't speak to sending Yahoo! email, because I rarely send those from my phone.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I had a similar problem, until I deleted my email application information, and then I had no connection problem. Maybe it was something in the cache or program interfering. I love my galaxy note, however the default program gallery for pictures could be better and handle more files. Also, this webpage is detecting the wrong device for me, I have a galaxy note which is s gh I 727
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

What do mean when you say you deleted your email application information.

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

You're not alone....since launching my Galaxy I have periodically experienced similar issues and believe the issuet lies with the Yahoo server. I have been unsuccessful in getting any resolution with AT&T or even being able to get throught to Yahoo. AT&T simply defers me to Yahoo which has not even responded. Good luck getting through to Yahoo!!!

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support