Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 18, 2013
8:12:20 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 27, 2014 8:38:41 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

Customers who have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 began to receive the latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat today.

For more information, please click on the link below.

Android 4.4 KitKat

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

913 replies
(123) Me too
(123) Me too
View all replies
(913)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 7:40:34 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 4, 2014 at 9:02:31 PM

I had my GPS drop 3 times today driving in my city of San Diego.  Called AT&T last week, talked to 3 ATT reps and the only person who had an idea said that not all ATT towers are LTE, so when my signal transfers from an LTE to one that is not, my GPS is lost.

I opened a case with ATT, but still have not heard anything back from them.

No Solution...and my ATT bill is very expensive.

I would welcome a call or text from an AT&T rep with a solution.

Dale

[edited for privacy]

I had my GPS drop 3 times today driving in my city of San Diego.  Called AT&T last week, talked to 3 ATT reps and the only person who had an idea said that not all ATT towers are LTE, so when my signal transfers from an LTE to one that is not, my GPS is lost.

I opened a case with ATT, but still have not heard anything back from them.

No Solution...and my ATT bill is very expensive.

I would welcome a call or text from an AT&T rep with a solution.

Dale

[edited for privacy]

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

[ Edited ]
241 of 914 (2,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2014 9:03:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
I think the google map update from the app store would not help, our gps problem came from att and they need to come up with a solution. Take a few minutes to file a FCC complaint using the link I shared, rather than wasting your time with att reps over the phone.
I think the google map update from the app store would not help, our gps problem came from att and they need to come up with a solution. Take a few minutes to file a FCC complaint using the link I shared, rather than wasting your time with att reps over the phone.

242 of 914 (1,977 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 5:29:41 AM
(0)
Mentor

EVERYONE!!!

Please click the "Have same problem button" at the bottom of the original post.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-GPS-Issue/td-p/3824953...

This will let AT&T know how serious it is.   over 14 THOUSAND people have searched/looked at it...  but only 66 have clicked the "same problem button.

PLEASE!!!   do whatyou need to do (register) and click the button!!

Danny

EVERYONE!!!

Please click the "Have same problem button" at the bottom of the original post.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-GPS-Issue/td-p/3824953/highlight/false#.UvI7-tJDs6M

This will let AT&T know how serious it is.   over 14 THOUSAND people have searched/looked at it...  but only 66 have clicked the "same problem button.

PLEASE!!!   do whatyou need to do (register) and click the button!!

Danny

243 of 914 (1,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:20:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

I called tech support many times and finally got them to send me a replacement phone. the new phone seems to not have any of the GPS issue we are experiencing.

I tested it and my replacement Note 3 passed all my test:

While using google maps in turn by turn nav I:

Picked up a call (twice) and it return to nav easily 

I plugged in the charger and unplugge it a few times, gpd did not drop.

I drove into a 5 level parking garage, it dropped gps as it should but once i came out of the garage, it picked up gps in seconds, crazy fast.

I never reset the gpd or reboot the phone.

My previsous phone failed all these test everytime, and att and Samsung tech support were no help, had no info on this issue.

People don't waste your time trying to fix a lemon, you paid a lot of money for this phone, get it replace and keep replacing it until you got a good one.

I am so happy now, hope you guys the best of luck.

I called tech support many times and finally got them to send me a replacement phone. the new phone seems to not have any of the GPS issue we are experiencing.

I tested it and my replacement Note 3 passed all my test:

While using google maps in turn by turn nav I:

Picked up a call (twice) and it return to nav easily 

I plugged in the charger and unplugge it a few times, gpd did not drop.

I drove into a 5 level parking garage, it dropped gps as it should but once i came out of the garage, it picked up gps in seconds, crazy fast.

I never reset the gpd or reboot the phone.

My previsous phone failed all these test everytime, and att and Samsung tech support were no help, had no info on this issue.

People don't waste your time trying to fix a lemon, you paid a lot of money for this phone, get it replace and keep replacing it until you got a good one.

I am so happy now, hope you guys the best of luck.

244 of 914 (1,910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:24:34 AM
(0)
Mentor
While happy yours is working for the moment trust me it is only temporary
and replacing the phone is a bandaid. It's been confirmed several times
over it's a software issue as T-Mobile and Verizon variants do not have the
issue at all..in addition flashing custom ROMS eliminates the issue
entirely as well. Also some of us myself included have the most recent
version of the phone so it's not limited to early batches either. See you
in a week or two.
While happy yours is working for the moment trust me it is only temporary
and replacing the phone is a bandaid. It's been confirmed several times
over it's a software issue as T-Mobile and Verizon variants do not have the
issue at all..in addition flashing custom ROMS eliminates the issue
entirely as well. Also some of us myself included have the most recent
version of the phone so it's not limited to early batches either. See you
in a week or two.

245 of 914 (1,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:25:44 AM
(0)
Teacher

BTW my new build # is the same as the old:

N900AUCUBMJ5

it might be hardware related, if it was software, there would be 10 or 100 of thousands of complains on these boards not a few hundred.

get your phone replaced

BTW my new build # is the same as the old:

N900AUCUBMJ5

it might be hardware related, if it was software, there would be 10 or 100 of thousands of complains on these boards not a few hundred.

get your phone replaced

246 of 914 (1,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:29:00 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by psxsage on Feb 5, 2014 at 8:33:20 AM

For the second time it is NOT hardware related almost everyone on these forums (That have reported this issue in the thread) have had their phones replaced 2-3 times some MORE same issue re occurs after 1-3 weeks every single time.  In addition the SAME phone model works fine on T-Mobile and Verizon...along with ""broken"" AT&T phones work FINE after a custom rom flash or flashing with a different GPS file if it was a hardware fault this would NOT fix the issue.  Your issue will re occur and no the forums would NOT have 10,000+ complaints because many people do not use the GPS on their phones (or post on forums).  While i appreciate yours is temporarily fixed please stop spreading false information about something that has been proven by people who are far more technically savy than yourself.  Cheers

For the second time it is NOT hardware related almost everyone on these forums (That have reported this issue in the thread) have had their phones replaced 2-3 times some MORE same issue re occurs after 1-3 weeks every single time.  In addition the SAME phone model works fine on T-Mobile and Verizon...along with ""broken"" AT&T phones work FINE after a custom rom flash or flashing with a different GPS file if it was a hardware fault this would NOT fix the issue.  Your issue will re occur and no the forums would NOT have 10,000+ complaints because many people do not use the GPS on their phones (or post on forums).  While i appreciate yours is temporarily fixed please stop spreading false information about something that has been proven by people who are far more technically savy than yourself.  Cheers

[ Edited ]
247 of 914 (1,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:30:25 AM
(0)
Teacher

I hope you  psxsage are wrong, cause i love this phone now and am so relieved.

but if the issue comes back again i will root and fix or sell it and buy a Nexus 5

it is amazing how useless ATT is, maybe kitkat update will fix it.

I hope you  psxsage are wrong, cause i love this phone now and am so relieved.

but if the issue comes back again i will root and fix or sell it and buy a Nexus 5

it is amazing how useless ATT is, maybe kitkat update will fix it.

248 of 914 (1,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:34:54 AM
(0)
Mentor

I agree AT&T is useless but several people have had the exact same issue as you...replace the phone works lovely for 1-3 weeks till it gets the AT&T updated software issue re occurs.  If after 3+ weeks your phone still works fine passing all those tests Video record it and i will eat my words but thus far it has failed to happen.  Believe me i hope i AM wrong but i would near stake my life on it that i am not.

I agree AT&T is useless but several people have had the exact same issue as you...replace the phone works lovely for 1-3 weeks till it gets the AT&T updated software issue re occurs.  If after 3+ weeks your phone still works fine passing all those tests Video record it and i will eat my words but thus far it has failed to happen.  Believe me i hope i AM wrong but i would near stake my life on it that i am not.

249 of 914 (1,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:43:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

psxsage

"technically savy than yourself"?

how do you know what my tech skills are?

for your information, i work as a network admin and tech support for over 15 years.

And I am not claiming I know more than you or anyone on these board, maybe you are a rocket scientist, but I know enough to troubleshot an issue.

Maybe my phone was hardware and everyone else is software? how can you prove one way or the other.

And maybe my will break again, but no need for personal attacks because so far my experience different than you.

I have rooted every tablet and phone i have owned, but not everyone is able to root or knows how to root, plus this phone is hard to root due to att boot lock.

I wanted to post share my experience, because not everyone post once their issue is resolved.

If my breaks again I will post it here first.

Good luck!

psxsage

"technically savy than yourself"?

how do you know what my tech skills are?

for your information, i work as a network admin and tech support for over 15 years.

And I am not claiming I know more than you or anyone on these board, maybe you are a rocket scientist, but I know enough to troubleshot an issue.

Maybe my phone was hardware and everyone else is software? how can you prove one way or the other.

And maybe my will break again, but no need for personal attacks because so far my experience different than you.

I have rooted every tablet and phone i have owned, but not everyone is able to root or knows how to root, plus this phone is hard to root due to att boot lock.

I wanted to post share my experience, because not everyone post once their issue is resolved.

If my breaks again I will post it here first.

Good luck!

250 of 914 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:45:08 AM
(0)
Teacher

the first thing i did was disable att updates, after setting up the phone.

the first thing i did was disable att updates, after setting up the phone.

251 of 914 (1,896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 8:49:11 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by psxsage on Feb 5, 2014 at 8:52:26 AM

You can't Disable the AGPS update data once the device is connected and has a Sim card first of all.  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.  If you had a computer running windows Vista where it constantly had issues with the graphics card..yet took the EXACT same computer and installed windows 7 and it ran flawlessly would you assume it's a hardware issue? That is the EXACT same issue we are talking here with the GPS issue with the Note 3. 

A+/N+/MCSE/CCNA

P.S in no way was it a personal attack on you, you however displayed a lack of knowledge on the issue and how early you were making an assumption.

P.P.S the Note 3 is not all that hard to root in the slightest...however it does void the warranty and on such a high price phone that's an unacceptable solution in my and many others eyes.

P.P.P.S No i am not a rocket scientist but i do have a fairly technical background and Diagnostics is my speciality  (Though typically with computers) Still it's a fairly easy diagnosis to make with the info provided that it's 99.9% not a hardware issue.  Is it possible your ONE case was? Sure!  Is it likely? No

You can't Disable the AGPS update data once the device is connected and has a Sim card first of all.  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.  If you had a computer running windows Vista where it constantly had issues with the graphics card..yet took the EXACT same computer and installed windows 7 and it ran flawlessly would you assume it's a hardware issue? That is the EXACT same issue we are talking here with the GPS issue with the Note 3. 

A+/N+/MCSE/CCNA

P.S in no way was it a personal attack on you, you however displayed a lack of knowledge on the issue and how early you were making an assumption.

P.P.S the Note 3 is not all that hard to root in the slightest...however it does void the warranty and on such a high price phone that's an unacceptable solution in my and many others eyes.

P.P.P.S No i am not a rocket scientist but i do have a fairly technical background and Diagnostics is my speciality  (Though typically with computers) Still it's a fairly easy diagnosis to make with the info provided that it's 99.9% not a hardware issue.  Is it possible your ONE case was? Sure!  Is it likely? No

[ Edited ]
252 of 914 (1,895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:04:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

psxsage, You do not know what was wrong with my phone, because you did not work on it, end of story.

Not a personal attack??  

psxsage  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.

So if my experience is with this phone so far is not the same as you i can't work in the US in Tech.

Like i said maybe my phone's gps will screws up again and if it does i will posted it here first.

BTW I blocked all att firmware update.

Plus you can root without tripping knox,  and i agree with you, we pay a lot for these phones and service and ATT should not be locking them.

psxsage, You do not know what was wrong with my phone, because you did not work on it, end of story.

Not a personal attack??  

psxsage  Secondly if you don't recognize the fact the difference between a hardware and software issue their is no way in heck you are a Network Admin for any company in the US.

So if my experience is with this phone so far is not the same as you i can't work in the US in Tech.

Like i said maybe my phone's gps will screws up again and if it does i will posted it here first.

BTW I blocked all att firmware update.

Plus you can root without tripping knox,  and i agree with you, we pay a lot for these phones and service and ATT should not be locking them.

253 of 914 (1,888 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:04:50 AM
(0)

Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the Forums - please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience.Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum, including through the Forums private messaging system, are not acceptable.

Thanks for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Everyone wants to have a positive experience while on the Forums - please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience.Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment in the Forum, including through the Forums private messaging system, are not acceptable.

Thanks for your help in keeping the community a friendly, productive environment for all members.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

254 of 914 (1,885 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:10:19 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 5, 2014 at 10:02:36 AM

Again as i said (if you had read my post) i said is it possible yours was a hardware issue? Sure! Is it likely? No a hardware fault would generally either work or not work not sporadically work.  But we shall see in 3 weeks or so.

Second It's not just the firmware that is suspect as replacing ONLY the GPS files with that of the international version of on rooted phones has ALSO fixed the issue.

Third you CAN root without tripping Knox

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I look forward to Reading/Seeing how your phone fares in 3 weeks and hope for both our sakes that i AM wrong.

Again as i said (if you had read my post) i said is it possible yours was a hardware issue? Sure! Is it likely? No a hardware fault would generally either work or not work not sporadically work.  But we shall see in 3 weeks or so.

Second It's not just the firmware that is suspect as replacing ONLY the GPS files with that of the international version of on rooted phones has ALSO fixed the issue.

Third you CAN root without tripping Knox

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

I look forward to Reading/Seeing how your phone fares in 3 weeks and hope for both our sakes that i AM wrong.

[ Edited ]
255 of 914 (1,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:34:16 AM
(0)
Mentor
I'm really not having a pleasant experience on these forums.
I'm really not having a pleasant experience on these forums.

256 of 914 (1,867 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 9:35:01 AM
(0)
Mentor
Me either since the issue remains Unresolved and mostly unattended to Smiley Tongue
Me either since the issue remains Unresolved and mostly unattended to Smiley Tongue

257 of 914 (1,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 11:11:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

Isn't it so nice that AT&T can respond to say everyone needs to play nice, but has relentlessly "REFUSED" to address this GPS issue??? I also went through this game as all of you did, I was a long time Samsung fan, has the SIII, Note 2 then the Note 3, after countless calls to Samsung and countless more calls to AT&T, each saying they were unaware of the issue and blaming many different reasons, I got rid of my Note 3. I just got a iPhone 5s and have had no problems whatsoever. Apple doesn't have to worry too much about being competetive with Samsung, ol' Sammy will just pus the customers they're way. Sad something so stupid ended a long term relationship. As for AT&T, when T-mo's coverage improves a bit, it'll be bye... bye AT&T.

Isn't it so nice that AT&T can respond to say everyone needs to play nice, but has relentlessly "REFUSED" to address this GPS issue??? I also went through this game as all of you did, I was a long time Samsung fan, has the SIII, Note 2 then the Note 3, after countless calls to Samsung and countless more calls to AT&T, each saying they were unaware of the issue and blaming many different reasons, I got rid of my Note 3. I just got a iPhone 5s and have had no problems whatsoever. Apple doesn't have to worry too much about being competetive with Samsung, ol' Sammy will just pus the customers they're way. Sad something so stupid ended a long term relationship. As for AT&T, when T-mo's coverage improves a bit, it'll be bye... bye AT&T.

258 of 914 (1,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 11:19:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
P.S. That was... ol' Sammy will push the customers there way.
P.S. That was... ol' Sammy will push the customers there way.

259 of 914 (1,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 11:20:11 AM
(0)
Voyager
I have this issue as well. I clicked the 'Me Too' button on the first post.
I have this issue as well. I clicked the 'Me Too' button on the first post.

260 of 914 (1,832 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 12:27:35 PM
(0)
Tutor

guys, listen... here's what everyone is up against. there are now "9" pages of people with this problem, as that wasn't enough, a couple of days ago i copied the address to this forum and went to Samsungs website where I started a chat with a customer service rep, I asked them if any progress has been made reguarding this issue and he told me that he was unaware of the issue? so I pasted the link to this forum and told him to open it up and look at the truth, he told me he was unable to do so, I got really mad told him he was a fool and he said, "no really we can not open that link" I was speechless. now not only are they not addressing the problem but refusing to see the truth. So... people we have to ask ourselves do we want a device from a company like that? Seriously... even "if" they fixed the problem right now, it's too late, what will happen the n ext time there is a problem? do we really want a device from a carrier and/or manufacture that "RELENTLESSLY" refuses to stand behind their products? Guys think about it.

guys, listen... here's what everyone is up against. there are now "9" pages of people with this problem, as that wasn't enough, a couple of days ago i copied the address to this forum and went to Samsungs website where I started a chat with a customer service rep, I asked them if any progress has been made reguarding this issue and he told me that he was unaware of the issue? so I pasted the link to this forum and told him to open it up and look at the truth, he told me he was unable to do so, I got really mad told him he was a fool and he said, "no really we can not open that link" I was speechless. now not only are they not addressing the problem but refusing to see the truth. So... people we have to ask ourselves do we want a device from a company like that? Seriously... even "if" they fixed the problem right now, it's too late, what will happen the n ext time there is a problem? do we really want a device from a carrier and/or manufacture that "RELENTLESSLY" refuses to stand behind their products? Guys think about it.

261 of 914 (1,813 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 12:48:12 PM
(0)
Mentor

@ Sgleon :

I hope your phoen stays fixed.. but it is very unlikly.     I am on my third phone,  and each time it worked GREAT for about 48 hours... and then the same problem came back.

I an curiouse..  how long have you had your new phone so far?

Question:  Could you tell us, or point to thread, that gives instructions on how to disable the AT&T updates?  Hey.. if that fixes the problem, I will wipe my phone, and give it a try...

Danny

P.S.  BTW:   Yes, it is not complicated to root the phone, and fix the problem...  but that does void the warenty.  on a $800 phone,  that is not acceptable to me.   I even paid EXTRA for the extended warernty at Best Buy.

@ Sgleon :

I hope your phoen stays fixed.. but it is very unlikly.     I am on my third phone,  and each time it worked GREAT for about 48 hours... and then the same problem came back.

I an curiouse..  how long have you had your new phone so far?

Question:  Could you tell us, or point to thread, that gives instructions on how to disable the AT&T updates?  Hey.. if that fixes the problem, I will wipe my phone, and give it a try...

Danny

P.S.  BTW:   Yes, it is not complicated to root the phone, and fix the problem...  but that does void the warenty.  on a $800 phone,  that is not acceptable to me.   I even paid EXTRA for the extended warernty at Best Buy.

262 of 914 (1,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 1:06:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
People!! Everyone take a breath and have a beer. I'm not too happy about this problem either but think about it. At&t is a giant company. How many companies you know this size is so willing to admit to a goof up. Sure there are some but not many. Even Apple (remember antenna gate?)... After clear demonstration of their design flaw, they told us we were holding our phones incorrectly (god bless Steve Jobs), then got us to shut up by giving us free cases. This is not Apple bashing. In fact I still have my iPhone aside my note 3. I love both and both have their respective flaws. Instead of losing your heads, just remember, we all have options. Switch carriers. Switch phones. File complaints to where it matters (FCC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, etc.) Or....just wait and see if Ma'Bell will quietly fix this while avoiding responsibility. Me personally, I'm switching soon. Good day all!
People!! Everyone take a breath and have a beer. I'm not too happy about this problem either but think about it. At&t is a giant company. How many companies you know this size is so willing to admit to a goof up. Sure there are some but not many. Even Apple (remember antenna gate?)... After clear demonstration of their design flaw, they told us we were holding our phones incorrectly (god bless Steve Jobs), then got us to shut up by giving us free cases. This is not Apple bashing. In fact I still have my iPhone aside my note 3. I love both and both have their respective flaws. Instead of losing your heads, just remember, we all have options. Switch carriers. Switch phones. File complaints to where it matters (FCC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, etc.) Or....just wait and see if Ma'Bell will quietly fix this while avoiding responsibility. Me personally, I'm switching soon. Good day all!

263 of 914 (1,801 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 2:23:57 PM
(0)
Mentor

@ njob79

No offence,  but for many of us,  we do not really have a choice.. or rather... we only have EXPENSIVE choices.

If I try to change carriers,   I have to pay an Early  termination fee..  or charge, or what ever they call  it.   I think its about $350

@ njob79

No offence,  but for many of us,  we do not really have a choice.. or rather... we only have EXPENSIVE choices.

If I try to change carriers,   I have to pay an Early  termination fee..  or charge, or what ever they call  it.   I think its about $350

264 of 914 (1,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 4:05:31 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 5, 2014 at 7:23:14 PM

Ok..  I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with AT&T……  I did get to a manger..  long story short, the only resolution he could offer me was replacing my phone with a DIFFERENT phone model  (He actually suggested the Samsung Mega as “comparable”....  I pointed out that is is slower, no stylus, etc….   no sale).

Other fun details I found out during this conversation:  He said that AT&T has no idea about this problem.   I told him about this thread, and offered to send him the link,  and he told me that the AT&T customer service computers are BLOCKED from being able to look at the AT&T forums.

I pointed out to him that this thread was created on November 18 2013,  had 14,440 views, and 264 messages in it.

He talked to tech support, and said they did not know about it,...  but that he agreed it was ridiculous, because a simple google search makes it obvious that this has been a problem for a long time,  but AT&T just did not know about it.

I am going to root my phone, to fix the GPS myself, .... and demand that AT&T credit me for the full cost of the phone,  since they have forced me to void my warranty

Danny

[Edited - Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Ok..  I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with AT&T……  I did get to a manger..  long story short, the only resolution he could offer me was replacing my phone with a DIFFERENT phone model  (He actually suggested the Samsung Mega as “comparable”....  I pointed out that is is slower, no stylus, etc….   no sale).

Other fun details I found out during this conversation:  He said that AT&T has no idea about this problem.   I told him about this thread, and offered to send him the link,  and he told me that the AT&T customer service computers are BLOCKED from being able to look at the AT&T forums.

I pointed out to him that this thread was created on November 18 2013,  had 14,440 views, and 264 messages in it.

He talked to tech support, and said they did not know about it,...  but that he agreed it was ridiculous, because a simple google search makes it obvious that this has been a problem for a long time,  but AT&T just did not know about it.

I am going to root my phone, to fix the GPS myself, .... and demand that AT&T credit me for the full cost of the phone,  since they have forced me to void my warranty

Danny

[ Edited ]
265 of 914 (1,754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 4:12:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for two full days now the Note 3 (new) has been unavailable On AT&Ts website? Really unusual....

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for two full days now the Note 3 (new) has been unavailable On AT&Ts website? Really unusual....

266 of 914 (1,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 4:22:34 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 5, 2014 at 7:21:54 PM

Not so odd it is a popular phone to sell out isn't that rare,and every AT&T
store within 10 miles of me does have it in stock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Not so odd it is a popular phone to sell out isn't that rare,and every AT&T
store within 10 miles of me does have it in stock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

[ Edited ]
267 of 914 (1,748 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 4:35:18 PM
(0)
Teacher
Danny, let us know if it happens. We would definitely want to get the same deal. Thanks.
Danny, let us know if it happens. We would definitely want to get the same deal. Thanks.

268 of 914 (1,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 6:31:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

@ lbDanny

I have had the phone about 4 days now, but only tested it in the first day and half. I am in Manhattan and with all this snow have not used the car much.

I really hope my GPS does not break in a few days, everyone here seems to think I am in for a let down.

BTW: ATT also sent me a new SIM.

You have to root to control stuff like freezing or uninstalling ATT & Samsung bloatware/ features.

I use Titanium backup pro and a security suite named LBE, LBE is amazing it gives you control over everything that runs on your phone, remove ads and tracking in apps, you would be surprised how many paid apps still track your activity (location, IMEI #, calls, contact, basically everything on your monitored by almost every app, worst than the NSA). Also block apps on Chrome browser.

Edit you startup apps, disable knox.

Replacing the ROM on this phone is a pain, plus if I have to return it to stock.

So choose to keep the ATT stock OS but control everything that runs on my phone.

I now have amazing battery life and it is faster, but the extra speed is hard to notice because it was already fast. 

@ lbDanny

I have had the phone about 4 days now, but only tested it in the first day and half. I am in Manhattan and with all this snow have not used the car much.

I really hope my GPS does not break in a few days, everyone here seems to think I am in for a let down.

BTW: ATT also sent me a new SIM.

You have to root to control stuff like freezing or uninstalling ATT & Samsung bloatware/ features.

I use Titanium backup pro and a security suite named LBE, LBE is amazing it gives you control over everything that runs on your phone, remove ads and tracking in apps, you would be surprised how many paid apps still track your activity (location, IMEI #, calls, contact, basically everything on your monitored by almost every app, worst than the NSA). Also block apps on Chrome browser.

Edit you startup apps, disable knox.

Replacing the ROM on this phone is a pain, plus if I have to return it to stock.

So choose to keep the ATT stock OS but control everything that runs on my phone.

I now have amazing battery life and it is faster, but the extra speed is hard to notice because it was already fast. 

269 of 914 (1,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 6:44:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
@ sgleon

Thanks for the info.. Um... er.. this is NOT meant as an attack... but , if you read all of the thread... (not like AT&T has read any of it)... you will see you have proven our point. !!!!

THE NOTE 3 WORKS FINE ON THE AT&T NETWORK..... IF.. and ONLY IF... YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE!!

But rooting your phone voids your warranty ....

And yes, I know... there are ways to do it so that it is unlikely that you will be caught.... But we should not need to go to these extrems, to have a BASIC feature work!!!

Danny

@ sgleon

Thanks for the info.. Um... er.. this is NOT meant as an attack... but , if you read all of the thread... (not like AT&T has read any of it)... you will see you have proven our point. !!!!

THE NOTE 3 WORKS FINE ON THE AT&T NETWORK..... IF.. and ONLY IF... YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE!!

But rooting your phone voids your warranty ....

And yes, I know... there are ways to do it so that it is unlikely that you will be caught.... But we should not need to go to these extrems, to have a BASIC feature work!!!

Danny

270 of 914 (1,708 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments