For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Specifically for me, GPS is having a very hard time to connect (takes up to 5 min to lock) if it does even connect. Sometimes it doesn't connect and if it does, it loses connection very fast...

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

​So it was fine before the update? Unfortunately you may have to do a
factory reset and see if that fixes it. Perhaps it's not that the update is
broken but that it broke your phone. Happens.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Ya it was "functional" with 4.4.2 but now it's completely useless. Will try the factory reset but doubt that will help as others are having the same issue.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

@gmorcos37 wrote:
Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we have got ourselves another GPS issue with the 4.4.4 update. Yay!

I'm on 4.4.4 and use GPS 2 hours daily without issue on my note 3. So it's not a universal issue.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Well it's not a single issue with my phone only either.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Check out the comments in this article, some have the same issue

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

9 years ago

OK. I took an hour drive tonight with Waze on. The first 20 minutes was fine and I didn't notice the GPS drop. A few minutes later, I noticed the GPS symbol flashing. I left it alone until I got to my destination and it was still flashing. It never regained a GPS lock. Need to do more tests. My usual daily drive is less than 20 minutes and I only noticed the GPS drop signal once before tonight.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The issue has reappeared on my Note 3 after the 4.4.4 update, just like before the 4.4.2 update. I can't drive more than 15 miles without losing gps lock, and it has problems coming back afterwards.  Did they forget to regression test this update against the bug list?

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Looks like it got deleted earlier but this is the article I was talking about. http://m.androidcentral.com/att-galaxy-note-3-now-getting-android-444-update-all-its-own

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.