For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

UPDATE:  so far my GPS continues to be better than it ever has been after changing my SIMM card out.  LOcations continue to be right on or within 10 feet of actual depending upon if I'm out in the open, in a car or inside a building.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Good to hear.  When swapping out my SIM on a Galaxy Mega - way back on 4/22 as documented in this thread - I was told that bad SIMs are not as infrequent as you - well me anyway - might think.  And they can cause all sorts of odd behavior - not just with GPS/location.  

So, I guess the moral is - if you 've tried everything else, swap the SIM before swappign the device.  Transferring a bogus SIM to a new phone is not good.  I did 😉

BTW - a week into an (unplanned - fat fingered) update to 4.4.2 and so far so good.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I use AT&T Note 3 on T-Mobile. 4.3 with MJ5, not rooted.

Since AT&T sim  is not an option for me - what do I do?

I had this problem 2 months ago. Then I tried to reset gps using GPS Status programs and it worked until today. I read 4.4 fixes the issue - true?

Also, does anyone know how can I update to kitkat? Will I have problems rooting my phone once I update to kitkat? 

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

10 years ago

I got my Note 3 updated at Best Buy.

My local Best Buy stores all have Samsung Reps. I stopped in and they updated via USB. I tried this a few months ago and it failed.
I did not buy the phone at Best Buy, purchased at AT&T store.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

GPS still the best it's ever been since SIMM card replacement !  I'm happy I did that.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Bringing this back from the dead because lucky us, we have got ourselves another GPS issue with the 4.4.4 update. Yay!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

Specificly? My GPS has been the same or more stable since 4.4.4 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

My GPS has also been fine since 4.4 and use mine daily.

Will report back if anything changes however.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

9 years ago

I'm still on my Note 3. All is well with 4.4.4. Although there was one day when my GPS had a hard time connecting. Had to restart the phone and it hasn't happened since.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

N900A/T#2-4 here, my wife and I both have the same model number. We both have problems connecting to GPS on occasion, hers not as much as mine. Fully updated softwares and all. I use Andoits GPS test app and it sees the satellites it just doesn't lock. Even out in the open on a clear day sometimes it just will not connect. Rebooting the phone usually helps. It's okay though, I filed a complaint with the FCC long ago, AT&T gave me some money to go buy gps units for our cars, and we were done. Lesson learned, buy the non-carrier version next time, AT&T software is crap.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.