For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

@jam_out_man, the 4.4.2 did fix the Note 3 GPS issue that was identified on this thread for most Note 3 owners. It may not have fixed your particular phone but it did fix the original issue. Check the first few pages of this thread. I suggest you give the SIM card replacement a chance. It worked for @ptoemmes. Might work for you too.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

@jam_out_man wrote:

FYI:  The Kit Kat 4.4.2 update  DID NOT WORK!!!

- I got a Replacement phone (since my phone was/is under warrenty).

- I did a Software Update (I belive this is an AT&T only update since after the update my phone was still 4.3)(I had to wait 24hours before being able to attempt another update)

- I did another Software Update. This took my Note 3 to version 4.4.2 (KitKat).  The GPS worked 'pretty good' for 1 day.  It was not perfect.  I tested the GPS using Google Maps Navigation on a 40 mile trip down 101 north of SF.  I did got a 'GPS Signal Lost' error once while driving, but it quickly picked up the GPS signal on it's own and finish the trip with no more errors. WhooHoo!!! BUT---

- The next day I did the same exact driving route.  This time I got 5 x 'GPS Signal Lost' errors.  2 errors quickly recovered on it's own. 3 errors required me to stop/start GPS from the pull-down menu.

So, the UPGRADE to KitKat 4.4.3 DID NOT FIX THE ISSUE!!!

So...  the countless 99.99% of us that have done independant tests with various GPS softwares and have verified time and time again that there has been a night & day improvement are just wrong?  

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Well..  I'm up to just about 1000 miles of cycling using Mapmyride and Osmand+, since the update, with 0 GPS errors, including the MS150, a 175 mile trek from Houston to Austin.  The fix is so clear and apparent to me that anyone who is still having problems must have a different issue with their phone.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

So far I have only had the GPS power off issue once, and I really think it was a fluke, than an issue since the KK update. Not bad, I would have been happier if it would have been fixed sooner though

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

OK.. My Galaxy Note3 GPS issue has finally has been fixed for me!!!!

THANKS to 'SB20'

I changed my SIM Card and now my GPS has been working perfectly for almost a week!!!

I can now recomend the Galaxy Note 3 to anyone who is thinking of getting the phone.. It's a great phone!

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

@jam_out_man, That's great to hear. You can finally enjoy your Note 3. Just make sure you don't place it on your lap while driving. 🙂

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Seems like this thread and hope died but the problem still exist

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

I used to complain all the time even after KitKat update . As long as I put my location on high frequency setting , don't try to use GPS in pocket , or don't lay it on my thigh while driving GPS works fine . Still dont understand why it can't be close to my legs and not work lol .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a Galaxy S4 Active that has had GPS issues since January's updgrade to 4.3.  After multiple contacts with ATT, I read this entire thread and noticed there has been some success with changing the SIM card.   Today, I replaced my SIM card and went for a drive.  In locations where I previously lost signal, the signal was strong and steady.

My plan is to try the GPS all week and see if the signal drops.  I will report back if there are any changes.

tllstaco

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

GOOD NEWS!  So I've been watching this thread for quite sometime and dealing with bad GPS on my SG Note 3.  Today I finally got my SIMM card swapped out and I'm happy to report that anytime I checked my actual location on google maps it was within 5-10 feet of being correct whereas before my location was off by 40 or 50 feet.  I did watch my "moving" location while I was driving and it strayed and "jumped" around a bit but when I can to a stop it caught up to me and was almost on the money.  So far I'm very happy that I got my SIMM changed.  I will report back back after a week or two with an update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.