The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Since you did a Factory Reset, not sure if this will help, but try this.

Go to Settings > General > Application manager

Swipe over till you can see "ALL" apps

Scroll down to AT&T Software update

Clear cache and clear data

Then go to Google Services Framework

Clear cache and clear data

Then Restart and see if that works

I don't know about Samsung AT&T updates, but this works for my NExus 7 when I want to force an update most of the time.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Same here, after the 24 hour mark. Still working perfectly.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

If you changed the time or date on your phone to do the update it will confuse the text messaging app. Mine did that. I cleared everything out deleted all messages and it works fine now. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Sadly I did not so that is not the issue here, their are however several reported cases of this on kitkat (not model or carrier specific) may try a reset next.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Mine is working fine. so far I think this is the first update att didn't mess up 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

New gps settings?

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Ok guys here we go.. I got a negative update . Its been 2 days for having update fix and Ive been using GPS .Working great on little 5 mile trips here and there.  I finally had to take a 45 min drive thru Houston using Google Maps Navigation  . Got on freeway for 15 min and my navigation arrow starting bouncing around on side roads and GPS icon started blinking for about a minute then locked back on. Drove 10 more miles ,getting close to downtown and GPS icon started blinking again for almost 10 min but my navigation arrow still keeping up with my location. It eventually locked back on after that until had another GPS icon blinking issue. Did this for another 10 minutes and getting out of downtown .When I got off the freeway it locked back until I got to my destination rest of the way which was another 7 miles . Now this worried me alot and me going "oh great here we go "but on the bright side GPS still performing better than before. I'm hoping it was just a issue driving through a big city but I never had this issue at all through Houston with my last phone, the Note 2 . Anyone else having issues through big cities or any other problems yet? 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Haven't used mine much yet but sitting in a restaurant yesterday I watched my icon bounce around a five hundred foot area. While moving though it seemed fine. I don't get out much so it's going to take a while to test. it

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@Anonymous II, I can't seem to be able to clear data for AT&T Software update application (the button is just dark and untappable). I tried the rest of the steps, but my note 3 still can't get the update yet :(.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

This is where AT&T can actually help. I wonder if it's possible for them to block off groups of phones to prevent sever overload.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.