Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Message 1 of 914 (78,249 Views)
Mentor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Ah, I see. But that was already the case with 4.3 right? I believe there are apps that will allow you to move the whole app to an sd card. I hope those apps still work.
Message 766 of 914 (6,955 Views)
Mentor

I tested it today and so far it's a fix.   The GPS no longer drops when receiving or making calls or texts.   That's a very promising sign.   

I have not yet tested it crossing to and from LTE to 4G zones but I'm confident that if the first concerns are addressed that this will be.

I hope to know more later.

Message 767 of 914 (6,917 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

6 months and finally a fix.. AT&T you owe a huge appology to Samsung and your customers.

Message 768 of 914 (6,845 Views)
Scholar

so far with battery . i turned off location services and have music on for 4 hours it went from 9% in 4 hours . also had BUNCH emails .
Message 769 of 914 (6,844 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Great to see this available this morning! Very funny ot receive a dozen+ notifications in 2 hours. Smiley Happy

I had a short conversation with Enuratique. S/he should be paid far far more than s/he is!

Is it so hard for these companies to provide communication to their customers? I know there are concerns of trade secrets/compeition, and that we (tech inclined/aware/and loud customers) are ultimately a very very very small porition of their total customer base ........ but if you want a brand loyalship for decades ... this is not the way to go about it.....

Praise again to Enuratique who risked losing his/her job to give us this great yet simple information. I hope the exec's of thes corporitations take our horrible 6 month+ predicment in consideration when making decision inside of these companies in the future. Transparency goes a long way...

Also, more importnatly, I  hope everyone has a moment to run every test scenario they can in the coming few weeks with this new software!!

I will have two Note3's tomorrow, ... so you can be assured I will test the h e double out of several senarios before delivering my conclusion

Message 770 of 914 (6,694 Views)
Scholar

16 mile drive home - No issues

Message 771 of 914 (6,652 Views)
Tutor

I can't even download the update Smiley Sad I try to check and all it does is say "Software Update Interrupted" Won't even start downloading anything. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Message 772 of 914 (6,545 Views)
Tutor

Need Factory Reset and then check for new update. The same for me today.

Message 773 of 914 (6,510 Views)
Tutor

i did a factory reset already with no change Smiley Sad 

Message 774 of 914 (6,498 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

You are not the only one, my friend Smiley Sad I couldn't get the update either. I did the factory reset and I am still not getting the update. WE ARE HOPELESS.

Message 775 of 914 (6,402 Views)

Gps seems working for me
Message 776 of 914 (6,359 Views)
Tutor

90 mile drive. - No issues. 

Message 777 of 914 (6,290 Views)
Tutor

Factory reset and not login with any account. and check for new update. remember check update with Wifi.
Message 778 of 914 (6,289 Views)
Voyager

@vacortina I just gave it a try and it didn't work. II am getting tired of resetting my device.
Message 779 of 914 (6,281 Views)
Voyager

I had updated my phone to Kitty. Everything is working fine for me now. Gps works great now, ( so far ) I used it to hit the trails biking.

To get the update to, I factory reset my device. Logged into a wife only, & it installed.
Message 780 of 914 (6,267 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support