The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Haven't tested the battery performance. Seems to be draining at its usual rate for me. The external memory is working as is as well. Still won't move the app data but will move the app itself but is limited to x MBs. Not sure what that number is now. I was able to move 66.06 MB of Angry Birds Star Wars to my SD card. Not sure what else is there to test with the SD card as I only use it for media and a few apps.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I installed the update this morning and immediately took a little drive for about 5 miles using Google navigation. No drops on the way. Tried the plug in power trick during navigation, which normally would cause my gps lock to immediately drop and never return. No drop this time. Plugged and unplugged it about 5 times, stayed locked! :D. So, a big improvement.  Also,  the Google map defaulted to the satellite view and it seemed like the navigation voice has improved.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Sure is a lot faster. I'm really starting to enjoy this phone now after 3 months. 🙂

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

@SB20 wrote:
Haven't tested the battery performance. Seems to be draining at its usual rate for me. The external memory is working as is as well. Still won't move the app data but will move the app itself but is limited to x MBs. Not sure what that number is now. I was able to move 66.06 MB of Angry Birds Star Wars to my SD card. Not sure what else is there to test with the SD card as I only use it for media and a few apps.

For users who have installed Navigon with all maps and Sky safari, it could be a problem, the data of these apps will consume about 4 gb of internal storage instead of external SD Card

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

I went out and took a 7 mile ride in a local old residential district for luncch with lots of tree cover, using my favorite tracking app "Mapmyride" and just drove at cycling speeds,  15-20 mph.  I purposely took as many turns as possible, trying to trip it up and it stayed with me for the entire ride.  The granularity in the curves was quite nice as well.  This is where the previous version would often get tripped up.  

It's not impossible that the previous version would go error free for a 7 mile ride and I've never actually rode this particular route before buit things sure do look promising.  

track.PNG

By comparison,  This is what it may have looked like before the fix.  This, of course, is a different route but the red shapely, highlighted line is teh actual route ridden and the straight red line is what the lost-in-the weeds GPS said I did when it finally discovered itself.  It was maybe 1 in 10 rides where I would be lucky enough to go completely error free.

error.PNG

2 Attachments

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Ah, I see. But that was already the case with 4.3 right? I believe there are apps that will allow you to move the whole app to an sd card. I hope those apps still work.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

I tested it today and so far it's a fix.   The GPS no longer drops when receiving or making calls or texts.   That's a very promising sign.   

I have not yet tested it crossing to and from LTE to 4G zones but I'm confident that if the first concerns are addressed that this will be.

I hope to know more later.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

6 months and finally a fix.. AT&T you owe a huge appology to Samsung and your customers.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

so far with battery . i turned off location services and have music on for 4 hours it went from 9% in 4 hours . also had BUNCH emails .

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

Great to see this available this morning! Very funny ot receive a dozen+ notifications in 2 hours. 🙂

I had a short conversation with Enuratique. S/he should be paid far far more than s/he is!

Is it so hard for these companies to provide communication to their customers? I know there are concerns of trade secrets/compeition, and that we (tech inclined/aware/and loud customers) are ultimately a very very very small porition of their total customer base ........ but if you want a brand loyalship for decades ... this is not the way to go about it.....

Praise again to Enuratique who risked losing his/her job to give us this great yet simple information. I hope the exec's of thes corporitations take our horrible 6 month+ predicment in consideration when making decision inside of these companies in the future. Transparency goes a long way...

Also, more importnatly, I  hope everyone has a moment to run every test scenario they can in the coming few weeks with this new software!!

I will have two Note3's tomorrow, ... so you can be assured I will test the h e double out of several senarios before delivering my conclusion

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.