The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I contacted at&t last night about the gps issue and they were very willing to do what they could to make it better. They were considering giving me a different device but since I have the galaxy gear they didn't want to downgrade me to the S4. I am confident that if a patch or fix isn't out by the time the s5 is released they will move me over to that device.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I only hope they're willing to switch me to a new phone if they don't fix this issue soon. I'm so frustrated at this point.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

The fact that it will work on some days on a previously traveled route which had griss errors before, with seemingly no correlation to weather, time of day.. Or anything else that is apparent.. Really makes me scratch my head

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I figured I would post this question on behalf of every AT&T note 3 owner. It is no secret that the gps does not work properly on this device and is still being sold to customers. Is AT&T prepared to do anything for its customers like allow us (It's customers who have been recently bent over) to change to a different device that has a working gps such as the Galaxy s5 when it is released (providing it works on that). In case your unfamiliar with the problem allow me to share some links.

1) http://motoringcrunch.com/news/att-samsung-galaxy-note-3-has-some-serious-bad-luck/10010481/

I really like the first paragraph, yup I regret buying this phone. Thanks AT&T

2) https://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-GPS-Issue/td-p/3824953

Yikes 23 pages of people with gps issues.

3) http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/03/multiple-users-reporting-att-galaxy-note-3-gps-issues-kitkat-update-could-be-coming-soon/

It's nice to know that AT&T acknowledges their is a problem so lets keep selling people faulty equipment and hope they dont notice until it is after the 14 day return period and we can just wave a carrot in front of them and say we are working on a fix. NOT COOL AT&T

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

If we cannot exchange this piece of crap for something that hasn't been hacked by the AT&T people (or whomever would benefit by different gps files ) can we use this for breach of contract and etf waiver?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

seriously, all i see is problems for the att note 3 that i payed 400 dollars for -.-

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I paid full retail price $724.99 plus tax only to find out 5 days after the buyers remorse period that the gps didn't work. Talk about feeling ripped off.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

@Ranmaniac wrote:
The fact that it will work on some days on a previously traveled route which had griss errors before, with seemingly no correlation to weather, time of day.. Or anything else that is apparent.. Really makes me scratch my head

Read through the details in this thread.   It's related mainly to the changing of signals from LTE/4G such as when changing towers/coverage areas and inbound calls or emails.  You can also get it to drop if you plug it in to a car charger while navigating.  Usually for me it's an inbound call or email.  

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

I understand the theoretical "reported isues", but LTE/4G changeover, /Chargers & all that is simply the observations that other users have made or speculated.  No one has actually confirmed the actual issue from AT&T other than "We're working on it" or equivalent... But as I state..  I may travel the same route one day and not drop GPS and have it drop insanely the next over the exact same route on a subsequent day.  It may also suggest a tower traffic/congestion issue or a device receiver sensitivity issue.  I am usually cycling when I see it most so i am never on a charger so if I am to assume that it is a LTE/4G switching error, I would think that the error would be more repeatable.  I have indeed had it error at the same location as it may have before on occasion but then I've had it work like a charm through the same location with no apparent correlation such as weather, temp, time of day, etc..  It may work one day under cloudy skies and misty weather then fail under clear skies the next day or vice versa..  

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

WAAAAAAAAA!!!  I really hope this is fixed prior to the MS150 on Apr 12-13.  This is a 180 mile cycling even from Houston to Austin that I will be participating in to support The Multiple Sclirosis Foundation.  It is my first time riding it and I would love to be able to do real time tracking for some friends and family.  Please release a fix soon.  

Screenshot_2014-03-25-09-12-09.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.