Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Message 1 of 914 (77,697 Views)
Teacher

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Is it a criminal activity selling Note 3 without warning customers about not working GPS? WOW, global corporation can get away with a murder.

Message 661 of 914 (3,218 Views)
Scholar

Well,  that post was as useless as 1 wrestler !!

Message 662 of 914 (3,219 Views)
Scholar

No. Unfortunately I can't. But that also shows why they are not worried about the GPS not working. 

Message 663 of 914 (3,124 Views)
Contributor

I bought my wife a Note 3 as a gift. WHAT A MISTAKE! She used the GPS on her other phone all the time, and now she has a phone with GPS that doesn't work. I am so annoyed at AT&T that I am considering switching carriers after having been with AT&T for 5 years.

AT&T, fix this or refund our money!

Message 664 of 914 (2,832 Views)
Explorer

I did the My Track test on a 170 mile drive one way and it tracked 131 miles. Dashed line. Lost. Thought I wasn't moving when I was doing all highway driving except for about 2 miles total. My two S4's already have the Kit Kat update. Nothing yet for the Note 3. This GPS better be fixed when this update comes out.
Message 665 of 914 (2,795 Views)
Explorer

Oh and the replacement is the same or newer model, not the same or lesser model. If they don't fix this with the patch I'll be going for the S5.
Message 666 of 914 (2,794 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

It's Monday, March 24th. WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED? It's difficult when you've recommended something techie and then find out something's broken (like GPS) and nothing can be done until AT&T issues a patch. This is of course for those who aren't rooting and want to keep their warranty.

How about sharing the release date? Give us SOMETHING more than "Soon". "Soon" is too much of a slippery slope.

Message 667 of 914 (2,587 Views)
Mentor

Filing complaint with FTC shortly myself this negligence is borderline criminal.
Message 668 of 914 (2,579 Views)
Scholar

Hey everyone, It's been a long time. I have always been the go-to person when someone in my company gets a new phone. Well I had 3 coworkers get the Note 3 in the last 2 weeks; they knew I had one and thought they would get it and suprise me.

When I realized all of them were AT&T, I told them to take them back and I would have, if I was still in my 14 day window. Everyone I work with uses GPS daily and when I showed them the issue with mine, they were not too happy. One of them did not believe me, she got the phone last Friday during lunch and was like "See, mine does not have the issue!", well this morning she apologized and said it went bonkers by Saturday night. All three of my co-workers took the phones back and 2 of them even canceled their contracts and went to other carriers.

It is sad that we were sold a defective phone that AT&T cannot fix. It would be nice to get something from AT&T to show that they are really working on the issue and not hoping we will just go away or upgrade. Smiley Sad

Message 669 of 914 (2,568 Views)
Mentor

I have the samsung Mega and I have the same problem.  I've filed a couple of complaints with Samsung and I have had them replace the phone once.  I like the phone but the GPS issue is driving me nuts.  I play a lot of Ingress.  I also hope that it is a software issue and 4.4 fixes it.

Message 670 of 914 (2,562 Views)
Mentor

I contacted at&t last night about the gps issue and they were very willing to do what they could to make it better. They were considering giving me a different device but since I have the galaxy gear they didn't want to downgrade me to the S4. I am confident that if a patch or fix isn't out by the time the s5 is released they will move me over to that device.

Message 671 of 914 (2,549 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I only hope they're willing to switch me to a new phone if they don't fix this issue soon. I'm so frustrated at this point.
Message 672 of 914 (2,510 Views)
Scholar

The fact that it will work on some days on a previously traveled route which had griss errors before, with seemingly no correlation to weather, time of day.. Or anything else that is apparent.. Really makes me scratch my head
Message 673 of 914 (2,498 Views)
Mentor

Will AT&T allow note 3 owners to change devices

I figured I would post this question on behalf of every AT&T note 3 owner. It is no secret that the gps does not work properly on this device and is still being sold to customers. Is AT&T prepared to do anything for its customers like allow us (It's customers who have been recently bent over) to change to a different device that has a working gps such as the Galaxy s5 when it is released (providing it works on that). In case your unfamiliar with the problem allow me to share some links.

1) http://motoringcrunch.com/news/att-samsung-galaxy-note-3-has-some-serious-bad-luck/10010481/

I really like the first paragraph, yup I regret buying this phone. Thanks AT&T

2) https://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-GPS-Issue/td-p/382495...

Yikes 23 pages of people with gps issues.

3) http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/03/03/multiple-users-reporting-att-galaxy-note-3-gps-issues-kitkat...

It's nice to know that AT&T acknowledges their is a problem so lets keep selling people faulty equipment and hope they dont notice until it is after the 14 day return period and we can just wave a carrot in front of them and say we are working on a fix. NOT COOL AT&T

Message 674 of 914 (2,472 Views)
Voyager

Re: Will AT&T allow note 3 owners to change devices

If we cannot exchange this piece of crap for something that hasn't been hacked by the AT&T people (or whomever would benefit by different gps files ) can we use this for breach of contract and etf waiver?

Message 675 of 914 (2,425 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.