The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

their busy botching the S5. I'm going to demand they replace mine with the s5 when it comes out. 

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

lol funny you bring this up ! I tweeted attcustomercare " is the at& t galaxy s 5 not going to come with gps like at& t note 3 ?" Lol the reply was " we will make an official statement until product comes out .we dont like to speculate ." HAHAHAHAHAHA

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Lol

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

sorry "we will not make an official statement " darn it screwed it up lol .

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Btw att pulled the info stating the note 3 has gps

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Goodluck on getting your phone replaced other than Note 3. I got into a long talk with them about the phone. I demanded something at par with the price and features of note 3, I demanded specifically iphone 5s. They say they cant do this or I buy it at full price. And then I ask, "what about the warranty and the price I paid for my note 3?". They said and I quote, "You still can do or use it whatever you desire about it". What do you guys say? Isn't is stupid for them even to consider that? But anyway I got the same answer for both tech support and his manager "Jeremy". The only difference is that the manager would offer me an alternative of getting no cost alternative of a lower grade phone, which is a Samsung Mega and something else. Then again I told them, are they crazy? Its less than half of the price of my phone and it does not compare to the features at all. 

As you can see talking to them is really pointless they will really box you out till you can do nothing about it. They would just tell you at the end that your only option is to wait for the fix. Which maybe release after my warranty is off and then maybe I cannot do anything about it.

The way I see it is that the warranty only covers replacement of the device with the same device or something lower. This way they can profit from the difference. The endpoint is that you and me are the biggest loser on this. I dont think the warranty can be applied as well since right from the start they sold you a defective device which takes a while for you to notice the problem. It took me a couple of months till I realize it was a real issue. Part of the reason is that I came from an apple device and using an andriod takes a while to understand. This plays well on their side. I find their practice as a SCAM as well knowing that they acknowledge the problem and still persist on selling the device as well as do not support their ailing customers on time. They may say they are doing something, but when you look at time wise and report wise, they stop telling us the progress and they they stop contributing to the thread no matter people here are really furious. 

If anyone has a better deal or option that they receive on getting rid of the phone as getting a replacement or reimbursement, or something of settlement please do post, or if you are binded by a contract not to tell messaging privately would work. I am pretty sure everybody would be delighted to see some light.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

It is definitely frustrating to have AT&T 'sort of' acknowledge the issue but provide ZERO updates.  Oddly enough, when the game 'Battlefield 4' came out and there were bugs (which all BF games have had at launch to some degree or another), it was all over the media.  I think this needs to be picked by more tech/new sites; the lack of communication is simply inexcusable.  I'm sorry, but there needs to be some punishment for this kind of mishandling of communications.

For now, I've installed a custom 4.4 ROM based on the kitkat leak and that has fixed the GPS issue.  FYI - it doesn't trip 'KNOX' and you can get back to stock pretty easily.

Still, I pre-ordered an unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 from the UK and I'll be getting rid of the Note 3 when AT&T eventually provides a fix.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

@raiu - Can you confirm it was there before?

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Everyone, be sure to subscribe to this forum to get updates as to when people post to it. It also provides their info too so you don't have to view it here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

Another note 3 user on ATT network with the gps issue. At first, it happened a few weeks ago when I was driving around a Dallas suburb using navigation. GPS suddenly lost GPS lock and I couldn't get it back even by restarting the app. After reading the comments in this forum, I tried plugging in power to my note while using Google maps navigation. Sure enough, a second after I connected power, the gps signal disappeared and never recovered prior to restarting the phone.

Today, I spoke with an ATT salesperson who was at my work today for employee appreciation event. I told him about the gps issue with the note 3 on ATT network. He had never heard of it, but I told him to just google it and he said he would. Maybe the word will get out and reach critical mass. I am disappointed in this situation, but I've experienced worse. My iPhone 4 had a muted caller issue the first 3 months I owned the phone and there was an angry forum thread just like this. They did eventually fix it, but that issue was clearly Apple's fault.

I hope we get satisfaction soon.

Shane
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.