The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

@Smartfast. I've posted on Samsung Support Facebook page about this issue and was told they are already looking into this issue. That was almost a month ago. So they should already have my report documented. I'll try to get an update on that same post. They hate when people post issues directly on their page because it's public and get posted on my feed and my friends feeds as well.

Meanwhile, I've been bugging ATT on their Facebook page as well. They've informed me that they are looking into the issue and will update me via my post when they have more info on it. That was also almost a month ago.

BBB seems like the next logical step. We should really get some compensation for their mistake.

Scholar

• 

62 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T is still officially denying that this problem ever existed.  Just call and ask for an issue number - it does not exist.  They have not even logged this as an official "bug".  The reason is that if they do, they may have a liability.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

@SB20 wrote:
@Eileen89, Didn't read if you already tried this. Open Maps or Waze and wait for the GPS get a solid lock as indicated by a solid white circle at the top of the screen. Then plug or unplug you charger. If your phone doesn't lose that solid GPS indicator, it will be the first ATT Note 3 I've heard without this GPS issue. Everyone I spoke to in person claimed their ATT Note 3 was not affectedb until I showed them the different ways of triggering the problem. Even ATT store employees were shocked to find their own personal phones and the ones on display have the problem.

I haven't tried the charger test yet but will this afternoon. I always plug in the charger before I start navigating, so I'll see how this test goes and report back later today.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I left a complaint with the FCC. AT&T's president's office called me back a week later to say they are aware of the problem, and that Samsung and AT&T are working together on a software solution. No indication of when that solution will be available.

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I filed the FCC complaint about 2 weeks ago. I wonder why I havent had a call....

Probably because I picked the wrong categories in the complaint form.

Doh.

Or actually, Yay! I dont have much use for a phone call to tell me about things I already know;

Call me when you know when I will stop suffering this issue. Call me when you do me a favor and push the update to me in the first wave. Call me WHEN YOU CAN FIX THIS ISSUE

Or even better, call me and tell me you will still honor my warranty even though I root to apply the fix that was available 3 months ago in "unsupported channels" (XDA)...............................

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

@Vetdoctor 

If LeBron navigated himself, we'd have the fix by now.

Actually no, nevermind ... if he navigated himself, he would have the fix by now.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe he does. Ya know?

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

10 years ago

@SB20 wrote:
@Eileen89, Didn't read if you already tried this. Open Maps or Waze and wait for the GPS get a solid lock as indicated by a solid white circle at the top of the screen. Then plug or unplug you charger. If your phone doesn't lose that solid GPS indicator, it will be the first ATT Note 3 I've heard without this GPS issue. Everyone I spoke to in person claimed their ATT Note 3 was not affectedb until I showed them the different ways of triggering the problem. Even ATT store employees were shocked to find their own personal phones and the ones on display have the problem.

I ran GM app again, plugging it into my car and unplugging it while the App was giving me directions. I had no loss of the White GPS icon at all and the App kept right on working. I've done everything I could to create the GPS issue on my new Note 3 and yet each time it keeps right on working as it should. I'm not going to run anymore tests as it is obvious to me at this point that for what ever reason my Note 3 is not having the GPS issue that others are complaining about. I would love for other new Note owners to post whether or not they are having this same issue but not everyone with an AT&T Note 3 takes the time to visit this site so I doubt that's going to happen. 

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

^ right. Not everyone with a note 3

> has the problem

> notices the problem

> reproduces the problem

> complains about the problem

> calls support about the problem

> posts here about the problem.

So, that is why there are only ~100 of us actively speaking up about this issue.

I like to think I'm speaking up for the [however many more] have or *will* have this issue, whether or not they know it.

One thing that always bugs me about big companies is that they will never actually announce what the cause was. That is a huge piece oef missing information that is usable by those of us that use logic, scientific method, and troubleshooting steps to isolate and correct issues. Understanding an issue is the first step to fixing, overcoming, and preventing it. We won't get that gratification here

And from the looks of it we wont even get the gratification of a fix anytime soon

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.