Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Message 1 of 914 (77,621 Views)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

[ Edited ]

19...19 pages...AH AH AH!!! -Count von Count (of Sesame Street)

...and still no solution.

Message 541 of 914 (2,642 Views)
Mentor

Yes we have no solutions. . . no solutions at AT and Teeee,
Yes we have no solutions. . . wee'ree AT and Teee
Oh bring back, oh bring back, oh bring back my Sprint to meeee!
(how do you make one of those devil emoticons? :-)
Message 542 of 914 (2,599 Views)

Lost signal while driving and it was bustly time in traffic, stop wasting our time n update the freaking gps
Message 543 of 914 (2,551 Views)
Mentor

Lost in an unfamiliar town this past weekend courtesy of my Note 3. Thanks to the wifey's iPhone 5s we found our way around. We got stuck in area between 4G and LTE so my poor Note 3 got all confused and just didn't know what to do with its GPS antenna. I thought my wife would never stop reminding me how my GP$ failed us.
Message 544 of 914 (2,465 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

I think one of the most egregious parts of this whole situation is the fact that AT&T is still selling this phone to cusotmers without telling them of the known GPS problem. Went to another AT&T store yesterday to talk to someone about it, and the manager didn't even know what I was talking about......

Customers trust that AT&T is selling them a fully functional device. If they don't find out about the problem within the 14 day return period they are:

a) Stuck in a 2 year contract

b) Have to wait on a fix (5 months now?)

c) Have to choose a replacement phone that will be far inferior to the Note 3 on any other carrier

d) Root their phone, thus voiding their warranty.

Do the right thing AT&T. Warn people of the problem with the phone before they buy it. Secondly, push out a clean version of the 4.3 OS to people who currently have the phone so we can have the best of all worlds.

If you haven't signed the petition, please do so.

We've waited long enough.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Message 545 of 914 (2,460 Views)
Tutor

I have gotten fed up and have sold my Note 3.....this is rediculous.  I'm back to an iPhone 5S now....with NO GPS issues whatsoever.

Message 546 of 914 (2,414 Views)
Tutor

Mine failed me repeatedly in Omaha Nebraska last month (February). I was there for a family funeral and the rental car did not have a GPS.

While it _not_ occur it was easy to imagine the scenerio where I would be lost in a strange (to me) location, and during inclement weather (there's nothing between Omaha and the North pole except the occasional Elk!), at night (it was 0-dark 30) and need the GPS only to find it failing at the most un-oppurtune time.

cvt

Message 547 of 914 (2,395 Views)
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@ATTMarianaCM  

Do you have any updates you can share?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 548 of 914 (2,368 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was traveling yesterday in an unfamiliar area in heavy traffic and and the GPS was constantly dropping out. Trying to drive while turning the GPS on and off to get navigation back is at least as hazardous as texting. Anybody at AT&T who thinks this isn't a safety issue is deluding themselves.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 549 of 914 (2,358 Views)
Teacher

AT&T will take till mid summer to push the 4.4 update so they can fully serve their customers best interests and get working software in play... less than half a year till the Note 4 will be released.

Seriously, I want a software development job at AT&T.  If I was able to sit on customer software bugs for this long at every software company I've worked for I'd have a little more hair and a lot more sleep.  I think it might be back to my i337 S4 or Nexus 4 in the mean time.   

Message 550 of 914 (2,273 Views)
Highlighted

All 500+ of us should file a complaint to FCC, that should get Att attentions lol
Message 551 of 914 (2,237 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

FCC?  Why not also get the BBB involved since they are selling defective phones and not stating they have issues!  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. Otherwise ATT would  be screwed by sitting on this for so long and not stating when it would be resolved.

They however have to give us the option for a WORKING phone.  But we get screwed again because he had to pay more for this phone that doesnt work then for a phone that does.

Message 552 of 914 (2,118 Views)
Master

I received my new Note 3 from AT&T last week and have used Google Maps twice now. GPS worked perfectly every time. I don't think my Note 3 will have any GPS issues in the future either.
Message 553 of 914 (2,063 Views)
Mentor

Every single person who has said that has been proven wrong in the long
run. In addition rooting the phone and replacing the files manually has had
a 100% success rate. So if per some miracle your replacement never sees the
issue again (unlikely) the problem you had is not the same as the one the
majority are having. Goodluck and cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Message 554 of 914 (2,061 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

^ psxsage, who were you referring to? I never had a Note 3, so no replacement device here. Love my Note 3!

Message 555 of 914 (2,055 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.