The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

19...19 pages...AH AH AH!!! -Count von Count (of Sesame Street)

...and still no solution.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Yes we have no solutions. . . no solutions at AT and Teeee,
Yes we have no solutions. . . wee'ree AT and Teee
Oh bring back, oh bring back, oh bring back my Sprint to meeee!
(how do you make one of those devil emoticons? 🙂

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Lost signal while driving and it was bustly time in traffic, stop wasting our time n update the freaking gps

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Lost in an unfamiliar town this past weekend courtesy of my Note 3. Thanks to the wifey's iPhone 5s we found our way around. We got stuck in area between 4G and LTE so my poor Note 3 got all confused and just didn't know what to do with its GPS antenna. I thought my wife would never stop reminding me how my GP$ failed us.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

I think one of the most egregious parts of this whole situation is the fact that AT&T is still selling this phone to cusotmers without telling them of the known GPS problem. Went to another AT&T store yesterday to talk to someone about it, and the manager didn't even know what I was talking about......

Customers trust that AT&T is selling them a fully functional device. If they don't find out about the problem within the 14 day return period they are:

a) Stuck in a 2 year contract

b) Have to wait on a fix (5 months now?)

c) Have to choose a replacement phone that will be far inferior to the Note 3 on any other carrier

d) Root their phone, thus voiding their warranty.

Do the right thing AT&T. Warn people of the problem with the phone before they buy it. Secondly, push out a clean version of the 4.3 OS to people who currently have the phone so we can have the best of all worlds.

If you haven't signed the petition, please do so.

We've waited long enough.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have gotten fed up and have sold my Note 3.....this is rediculous.  I'm back to an iPhone 5S now....with NO GPS issues whatsoever.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Mine failed me repeatedly in Omaha Nebraska last month (February). I was there for a family funeral and the rental car did not have a GPS.

While it _not_ occur it was easy to imagine the scenerio where I would be lost in a strange (to me) location, and during inclement weather (there's nothing between Omaha and the North pole except the occasional Elk!), at night (it was 0-dark 30) and need the GPS only to find it failing at the most un-oppurtune time.

cvt

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

@ms_unicorn  

Do you have any updates you can share?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I was traveling yesterday in an unfamiliar area in heavy traffic and and the GPS was constantly dropping out. Trying to drive while turning the GPS on and off to get navigation back is at least as hazardous as texting. Anybody at AT&T who thinks this isn't a safety issue is deluding themselves.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T will take till mid summer to push the 4.4 update so they can fully serve their customers best interests and get working software in play... less than half a year till the Note 4 will be released.

Seriously, I want a software development job at AT&T.  If I was able to sit on customer software bugs for this long at every software company I've worked for I'd have a little more hair and a lot more sleep.  I think it might be back to my i337 S4 or Nexus 4 in the mean time.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.